Chapter Twenty-Two

Louisa's POV

Louisa's POV

It had been two weeks since accepting Calum's proposal and moving back with him. We took this time to re-connect, but I felt something was missing I wasn't burning with passion, there was no fireworks when I kissed him. I often found myself drifting my thoughts to Alexander.

As a brand new week commenced, I made my way into the office, when all of sudden a pair of hands covered my eyes, bringing me to a halt.

"Guess who?" The angelic voice said.

I gasped in happiness, bringing the hands away from my eyes, I turned around to see Sarah.

"Sarah!" I gushed, giving her the biggest hug. "What are you doing here?"

"Um, I think I work here," Sarah sarcastically replied.

I chuckled at the silly question I asked. "I mean, what about your mum?"

"My mum practically pushed me out of the door. She told me to go back to work, so whilst I'm at work she has a carer looking after her."

I pouted my lips at Sarah, I couldn't describe how happy I was to see her.

"I am so glad you're back at work. Seeing your face makes my day," I said playfully shaking her shoulders.

"Oh, shut it, now you're being soppy," Sarah replied, lightly hitting my arm.

"Ah! Before I forget, today after work come up to the top floor, I'm going to throw a little party for Viv. It's her last day today."

"Am I allowed up there?" Sarah questioned, raising her brows.

"Of course, why not? I'll check with Alexander, but I'm sure you can. Anyway, I'll see you later."

Sarah grabbed hold of my arm, stopping me from going further. Her face looks concerned.

"You haven't really said much."

"About?" I asked, narrowing my eyes.

"The engagement. It's been two weeks and you've barely said anything."

"What's there to say?" I shrugged my shoulders. "Calum has changed. I love him, he loves me. I've dreamt of marrying him, so what's the point in waiting."

"Really?" Sarah said unconvinced. "Your face and your eyes are telling me something else."

My face dropped at Sarah's comment. I forcefully placed a smile, pushing my lips upwards.