Chapter Fifty

My eyes draw onto the building complex in front of me

My eyes draw onto the building complex in front of me. There was no movement from my pupils, the only thing I focused on, was the familiar building.

The more my eyes dug into the building, the more it felt like I was aimlessly wondering around in a dark room. I didn't know which direction to take, I was afraid to approach the door, not knowing what was on the other side.

Silence consumed the car. The only sounds that made its way to my ears; were the grumbles from the car engine, and my intense and shallow breaths.

My mouth imitated an 'o' shape as I let a shaky breath out. Leaning back against the car seat, many thoughts drifted in and out of my head, like it was a race car zooming from left to right.

There was only one person who I knew that lived in the building. Something was telling me; that's where Sarah went.

I had to do this. I repeated the words in my head, over and over again, till I gained the confidence to eject out of the car.

"Stay here. I'll be back in a moment." I blurted out to the driver. Closing the door behind, the driver nodded in confirmation.

Slowly, I made my way to the entrance of the building. Craning my neck upwards, I took in the grand building towering me. This once was my home. It was where I was going to build my life with Calum. Now it's just a building. There was no meaning behind it anymore, as I found my new home with Alexander.

My feet automatically took me to the entrance of the apartment. I stood there, with my hands to the side, facing the door, with the luck that the power of my eyes would have opened it.

My hand formed into a fist, edging closer to the door, it finally slammed and hits against it. Creating an echo in the hallway. Few seconds, which felt like minutes, go by and there's no answer.

With confidence empowering me, I hit the door harder, making sure the noise reached all aspects of the apartment.

Just as I was about to turn around, the handle jerked slightly. The door became ajar, with Calum's face popping from behind. When he realised it was me, he irked his head in confusion. He then opened up the door slightly.

There he was, stood there topless with just a pair of jeans covering his bottom half. There was once a time where I saw Calum's naked body, and I would have got hot and flustered. Much to my happiness I felt nothing. The only body I wanted right now was Alexander's.

"Louisa? What are you doing here?" Calum questioned.

I wasn't going to act like the worried mouse I was. My shoulders pushed back, I straightened my posture and looked Calum dead in the eyes. The lioness within me was awoken, and I was ready to attack and get some answers.

Ignoring Calum's question, I charged towards him and barged past, entering the apartment. My eyes scan the joined living room and kitchen, everything was the same. Nothing was changed, part of me etched a smile within the corner of my lips. I forced the smile away, remembering what I was there to do.