Chapter Forty-One

"Welcome back guys

"Welcome back guys."

The words echoed in my ears, my mind wasn't allowing me to believe the person who said it, was standing right in front of me.

I never thought I would see Calum, standing here with a champagne glass in his hands, in Alexander's house. I continuously blinked, hoping that this is some kind of strange dream, but it wasn't.

"Calum? What are you doing here?" I hopelessly asked, with nothing else to say.

"Sorry, I invited him." Sarah let out a whisper.

My head shot towards Sarah, her brows were drawn together as if she was waiting for someone to scold her.

"Can I talk to you in the kitchen?" I said through the grits of my teeth.

Without allowing Sarah to respond, I grabbed her arm and almost dragged her to the kitchen. When the kitchen door shut behind us, I turned to face her, shaking my head, waiting for her to say something.

Instead of explaining, she looked at me whilst shrugging her shoulders, as if she had nothing to say.

"So do you want to start by telling me why Calum is here?" I started the conversation. Placing my hands on my hips, I started to tap my foot, waiting for some kind of explanation.

Sarah let out a long sigh. "Well, I saw him the other day at Jo's cafe, and I kind of let it slip that I was planning a little welcome back get together, before I knew it, I invited him."

I let a stressed huff through the nostrils of my nose. My hands moved from my hips, to crossing them over my chest, I felt like an annoyed mother towards Sarah. My posture became rigid as I pondered on the right words to say.

"I thought you guys were okay." Sarah let out in a small voice, nervously biting the bottom of her lip.

An exaggerated sigh left my mouth. "We are kind of. It's just strange seeing him here. It's like my two worlds colliding. Last time Alexander saw Calum he was ready to thump him in the face."

My mind was drawn to what could possibly be occurring in the other room. It was awfully quiet, to which I assumed was a good thing. If Alexander and Calum were to have a disagreement, loud noises would have ruptured through the room and travelled all the way to me.

"I'm sorry. I didn't think, I should have not invited him." Sarah winced at her words.

"It's fine," I reassured, placing my hand calmly on her arm, "As long as there is no drama, it should be fine. Come one let's go, they're probably wondering where we've gotten to."

Just as Sarah and I exited the kitchen arm in arm, the door suddenly opened, almost catching us off guard. Behind the door I noticed an innocent looking Lily, she scrunched her face as she realised, the door was about to hit us.

"Oh my! I'm sorry! I was looking for Louisa." She hurriedly stated.

"I'll leave you guys to it." Sarah shot a reassuring smile, as she made her way to the other room.