Chapter Fifty-Five

*Two Months Later*

It's been two months since Charles received his guilty sentence. Two months of pure bliss and happiness. So much has happened, in so little time.

Alexander and I celebrated our one year anniversary. My mind was boggled that it had already been a year since getting together. Celebrating a year with Alexander made me realise how lucky I was, to be loved and cared so much by someone.

It was ironic that Alexander revealed how he had a plan to propose on our first anniversary. The fact that he couldn't wait a whole year, made me love him more, I didn't think it was possible, but each day I love him more and more.

Project J.A.R.L was slowly starting to come together. Alexander, Jason, Rose and I, came up with a fun name for our project. The construction of our sustainable and affordable houses had begun. An interior design company was chosen by Jason, ready for the completion of the houses.

Sarah and Calum are still taking things slow with each other, but I've got used to the idea of them together. With my mind and time always occupied by Alexander, I've decided that Sarah and Calum being together didn't bother me.

Alexander and I finally set a date for our wedding. We decided a week before Christmas, when we're on our annual trip to Australia. The anticipation and excitement leading up to the wedding, swirls around my mind. Right now, that's all I can think of.

With the date fixed, I've been pushed and pulled by the girls to get started with the wedding plans. With the planning in full swing, Sarah, Rose, Lily and I have become a lot closer. We're like four inseparable besties.

Mrs Bingham invited us to her annual party. My evening consisted of getting ready. I opted for a violet split maxi dress, that elegantly flowed to the floor and swished around as I walked. The dress had a Bardot neck and the sleeves were short.

A simple pair of black heels were matched with this dress. I went for dainty gold jewellery to finish off the look. I decided to let my hair flow freely tonight, with loosened curls.

I make my way outside where the car was waiting. The cold air awakens me, as a shudder runs down my spine. Soon the cold air is replaced by a warmth feeling, as I see Alexander waiting by the car.

"How is it possible that you get prettier and sexier by the day. Every time I see you, you blow me away." Alexander lovingly says as I get closer to him.

Placing his arm around me and leaning in to give me a kiss on the side of my head, I blush at his words and gesture, like I'm meeting the love of my life for the first time.

"And what about you!" I chuckle, playfully pushing him.

The car door is opened for me, I slowly get into the car, careful not to crease my dress. Alexander shuts the door and makes his way to the other side. As he sits next to me, he engulfs my hands with his and tell the driver to drive.

Twenty minutes later and we finally arrive. I get out the car and I'm welcomed to the familiar ambience of Mrs Bingham's house. Many people filtered in and out of the house.

I link my arm into Alexanders and we make our way inside. A mixture of bright lights, chatter and music welcomes us. We soon blend into the array of people.