Chapter Thirty-Eight

Sarah slammed the break, causing me to jerk close to the dashboard of the car, she stopped right outside the entrance of the airport

Quick short breaths left my mouth, my legs nervously twitched. For a while I froze, not understanding what was actually happening.

"Are you okay?" Sarah consoled me.

I turned to look at her, all I could do was nod my head yes. I checked the items in my hand, making sure I had everything.

"What's the plan?" Sarah asked, looking in to the rear-view mirror. Cars were piling up behind us, it was high time to exit the car.

"I have no idea. I just need to get in the airport and find Alexander. You park up somewhere, keep an eye on your phone. The next time I ring you, I'll either be sobbing in pain or sobbing in happiness." I stated with a slight tremble in my voice.

"Oh gosh. I'm shaking myself and it's not me who's going to be running for her life. I'll let you go. Good luck. I hope you find him." Sarah moved over to my side, giving me the biggest hug. I felt myself relax with her comforting hug.

With my legs shaky, I exited the car entered the airport. There was a buzz of an energetic atmosphere. Vast amount of people walking left and right, trying to get to their check-in desks, sending their luggage through.

I thought if I could get to Alexanders boarding gate, I could wait for him, even if he's not there. There was the whole idea of the unknown, there was no guarantee that his flight had already left. The uncertainty of whether he was still here or not, was eating me away on the inside.

As I ran to the check-in area of the airport, to get into the departure lounge, my senses and emotions were overwhelmed. My heart felt like it was running at one hundred miles per hour. The music of people chatting and the footsteps hitting the floor, was swirling around me.

I counted myself lucky as there was very few people waiting at the security. I joined the security line, bobbing up and down, feeling restless.

When it was my turn, I gave my passport and ticket to the lady behind the counter. She narrowed her eyes, peering over her glasses, staring into my soul.

"Ma'am, can I ask you to step to the side," she said in a dull tone, as if she was tired.

"What? Why?" I exclaimed.

"We just need to clear a few things up." She beckoned for the security guard to come over and take me to the side.

I groaned at the sudden inconvenience, but ensured I complied, knowing better to not make a scene. When taken to the side, an airport official arrives, looking at my passport and my ticket.

"Are you aware that your flight is at seven in the evening. You are five hours early. We also note, our system is showing that you've not checked in any luggage." The airport official gave me a deathly stare, as if I was a criminal.