Chapter Twenty-Seven

Getting out the car, I made my way over to the gate of Charles Moore

Getting out the car, I made my way over to the gate of Charles Moore. My palms were soaked with sweat, as I gripped on to my bag that hung over my shoulder.

I was latched onto the hope that Sarah's timing would save me. My head started to feel heavy, it felt like it was clouded with many thoughts, I couldn't think straight.

Not even a mere ten seconds had passed, and I was buzzed in as soon as I pressed bell. Walking down the long drive, I think to myself whether I should make a run and leave. The fear was slowly creeping in, I had to try and steady my breathing. If Charles got an insight on what I was up to, the whole plan would go up in flames.

Entering the familiar mansion, there he was. Standing tall and proud, whisky in one hand and a cigar in the other.

"Louisa darling. So great to see you," Charles said in his deep, raspy voice. He marched over to me, wrapped his heavy loaded arms around me, trying to give me a hug. I kept my hands to the side, trying not to inhale the sickly stench of cigar and cologne.

He backed away from the hug, standing limp, eyeing me up and down. I looked down to the watch on my wrist, how long before Sarah would take him away.

"How have you been my darling?" Charles asked as he took a puff from his cigar.

The word darling has lost all its meaning, I suddenly did not like the word anymore.

"I'm good thanks, how are you?" I responded, forcing myself to have a conversation. I darted my eyes around the room, trying to figure out where the office was. Deep down, I wished I had paid attention when he gave me a tour, I felt so disorientated.

"You know me darling, I've been all good. So, what papers needed signing?"

I internally screamed, he was already asking for the papers I didn't  have. I cleared my throat, trying to take as long as I could to answer.

"Um, yes the papers. So, the papers that needed signing-"

"Mr Moore?" A voice interrupted.

I turned to see ones of the guards. Relief gushed through me.

"What?" Charles barked.

"There's a lady at the gate-"

"And? What does she want?!" Charles rudely butted in.

"She won't say. She said it's important to see you." The guard replied in a low voice.

"Fuck sake. Fine tell her I'm coming," Charles let out a sigh, swearing under his breath.

Just before exiting, Charles turned to me, wiping the angry look on his face. "Darling, I won't be a minute. Hopefully this bitch at the gate won't take long,"

"Whilst your gone, can I use the bathroom?" I quickly asked.

"Course. Use any bathroom you like." Charles gave me a menacing wink, making me feel sick to my stomach.