| Introduction |

~ Thank you ~

♡ Thank you for taking the time to read my newest story, my loves! It means the world to me to see so many of you supporting everything I do. You all already know how much I care for you, but in case you don't, just know I absolutely adore you.

♡ My stories wouldn't be the same without you all!

________________________________

~ Dedication ~

♡ I dedicate this one to those who struggle every day just to get by when the world is so heavy on your shoulders. And this is a reminder that even if you love someone, it's not always going to be so black and white. There's a lot of grey area, and sometimes love won't conquer all. And that's okay. Sometimes it works out, and sometimes it teaches you to love yourself just a little bit more than before. Nothing is ever a waste.

♡ I would like to give a shout out to my best friends Clara and Alesha for helping me plan out another story! Without them, I wouldn't know how to disregard my pantser ways and embrace being a planner. I couldn't have asked for better brainstorm partners!

♡ Also, this story is roughly based on a true story. The language is from my tribe, some of the names in this story is named after those in my family, and yes, my heritage lies in Oklahoma and Mississippi! I am an Afro-Indigenous woman who takes pride in who I am. I used this story to channel some of my own grief and hurt, my own complications with being multiracial, and included pieces of my life. So this book overall means everything to me. Never have I written something so personal in Own Voices before, but I tried it now and it just feels like home to me.

♡ A dear friend uncouthwriter told me a good while ago that she'd be interested in reading a book from me that stems from my culture, so here it is! She supports me in everything and I really can't thank her enough for believing in what I can do. Also, my Okie family, including my Grandfather who just recently passed, this one is for all of you guys. My heritage is constantly on my mind, and I'm so proud of where I come from. Being both Black and Indigenous is such a privilege, and I thank my ancestors for that. I thank my grandfather for that; a man I miss dearly every day, and who I will continue to miss forever. It's going to be a loneliness I'll carry for the rest of my life. But it's time to pass on his stories, our stories, and teach others our language and history to keep it alive.

________________________________

~ Disclaimer: please read it all~

♡ There will also be some mature themes and heavy topics in this story, hence the mature rating, so I probably won't warn you when it happens in a chapter as this is your warning. There's sexually explicit scenes, cursing, drug use, and alcohol abuse mentioned. Yes, these are heavy topics, but they are important to discuss. Especially within our community.

♡ My characters are going to be Indigenous/First American and/or African-American. Long hair is an important part of my culture with men, so I don't want to hear "I'll imagine him this way/his hair as something else/him as someone else." These are my cultures and I don't want anyone slandering our customs and how we look. Also, some of the stories you'll see in this story are true Choctaw stories that have been told for many, many years. Please respect it all.

♡ My main character is bisexual so please respect the LGBTQ+ community as well. Any disrespectful comments will be deleted and reported, as my stories are a safe space for everyone to feel welcomed. Any negativity can go right out the door.
________________________________

Enjoy!