| Chapter Thirty-Two |

"I can't believe you guys are making me watch Crisp Rat in this stupid movie," Jana grumbled, crossing her arms over her chest.

Terry shoved a handful of popcorn into her open mouth and gave her a wide look. "We already agreed on watching Jurassic World, Jay."

"You two agreed. Not me. You know I can't stand Chipped Brat and his acting. Why can't we watch a Halloween movie? It's in a few weeks anyway!"

"To be fair, we aren't watching this for him," Ruth pointed out, taking a sip of her hot chocolate. "You can't tell me you don't like any of the Jurassic movies, Jana."

Jana scoffed, shoving her cheek into her hand. "I fucking love the old Jurassic Park movies. Anything with this asshole in it you can count me out."

"It's a good thing nobody asked you then, ain't it?" Terry snarked.

Jana flatly flipped her off. Ruth swallowed back her giggle and turned the volume up a little more. The back and forth had somehow blended into their weekly movie nights, and there was no stopping them. It was nothing more than sibling banter, but it still never failed to make Ruth laugh under her breath.

She hadn't had a girl's night with them in awhile with just the three of them. She'd been so busy with school, writing, and Raffo, that she didn't make time for either of them recently. So, after she came back from the powwow earlier the same day, she decided to host movie night. Sure, the movie was her and Terry's idea, but at least she made them all hot chocolate and popcorn. A common favorite.

"How's school, Ruthie?" Jana asked, taking a few pieces of popcorn.

Ruth shrugged. "Not bad. Midterms are in a week so I've been studying with Emily off and on."

"Emily?" she frowned, her eyebrows wrinkled.

"I think she's talking about Bautista," Terry murmured, not taking her eyes off the screen.

"Ah. Only talked to her a few times but she seemed nice."

Of course they all knew each other!

"Why am I not surprised at this point?" Ruth mumbled under her breath, rolling her eyes.

"You really shouldn't be."

"Anyway, we've been studying together lately so—"

Jana turned to her, interested in whatever plot she planned in her head as she rose a plucked brow. "And Raffo doesn't care?"

"Why would he care?" she asked, frowning.

Her cousin smirked devilishly. "No reason."

"Jana, I swear you're such a child sometimes," Terry murmured. Ruth mentally agreed, curious about her previous question still anyway.

"I'll have you know that I—"

"I was with the Navy not the Navajo," Owen Grady (Chris Pratt) scoffed.

Jana's eyes narrowed back at the screen. "Yeah, because that's how it works, that fucking racist asshole."

"To be fair, I think you can blame the writers for that one."

"Shut up Terry and let me hate on Chewed up Gnat."

*****