Chapter 3

The question is, who are you?

But she couldn't say that. Not when his eyes were piercing her, challenging her, intimidating her. The warmth of his body didn't make it any easier.

She raised her head, and, hoping to have a proud and arrogant look on her face, she said, "I'm Agent 23, have you forgotten?"

"Oh, really?"

She nodded as she pinned her body to the wall, her sweaty palms touching the cold surface.

"Then, why were you lost in the hallway?"

"I wasn't."

"No? Because you looked like you didn't know where to go. Agent 23 knows every corner of this place."

She pursed her lips and tried to come up with a smart line.

"Listen, I don't know what you are trying to do, but the Chief is waiting for me. We can't let the Chief wait, right?" She repeated agent 16-E's words.

"You look exactly like her, but you are acting differently. There is something odd in your look." He was staring at her green eyes, and Alba feared that he could see the truth in them.

I guess I couldn't keep pretending for too long. But how did he realize it by only looking at me? No one else understood it.

"I'm worried, and I must work. It was nice talking to you, but I have to go."

She tried to move his arm from the wall, but when he didn't move, she bent a little and got free. She was a couple of meters away from the door, but the young man wouldn't let her go. He grabbed her by the elbow, and she hissed in pain.

Confusion and something that Alba couldn't identify filled his eyes, and he immediately released her arm.

"What do you want?" Her voice was low yet threatening. She was getting tired of waiting for the big reveal.

"One question, and I'll let you go."

"Okay."

Don't ask me your name, don't ask me your name, she prayed internally.

"Last time we met, who kissed the other first?"

Alba failed to hide her shock, and her mouth dropped open.

We kissed? We... No, it can't be.

Everything was too confusing, but she had to answer. He was confident, certain about himself, and that smirk on his face...

"You. You kissed me."

His face remained emotionless; not even his eyes could speak. He moved his arm and pointed to the door.

Alba couldn't believe how lucky she was.

What else are you hiding, Agent 23? What have you done with this man?

She reached for the handle, and the door opened silently.

"Go ahead. Talk to the Chief. I'll be waiting outside his office, and then, we will talk."

The woman turned her head and looked at him.

"I never kissed you. We were friends."

Great job, Alba. Great job.

She gave one final glance and closed the door, certain that he would keep his word.

Hunter and prey, here we come. But that doesn't mean I can't be the hunter too.

However, the problem remained. Where was the Chief's office?

There are three doors here. What can go wrong?