Chapter 21

Axel was standing in front of a projector, the whole wall behind him showing the map of the area where Nat was.

The red dot hadn't moved the last hour, and unless someone had found out the tracker, they had Nat's location. They believed and hoped that the traitor wouldn't leave her out of his side.

While Axel was explaining the final details of the plan, Alba was scanning the area one more time.

Old building, hasn't been used in ages, no one lives or works in a five-kilometer radius. The ancient blueprints show underground rooms and storages. Perfect. And they won't see us coming.

"Alright, everyone." Axel clapped his hands and got everyone's attention. "This might be our last chance to stop them from using the chip in civilians. Watch out for our own Assistant Agent X. We don't know her condition, but we must get her alive. Be careful. Agent 23 has explained what the chip can do."

Everyone nodded in agreement.

An agent cleared his throat. "Sir, what's our tactic?"

"Shoot to kill."

Alba put her hair in a ponytail and made sure that her guns and knives were secure in her belt. She would follow Axel and the rest of the team. Putting a few drops of the medicine on her eye and taking a painkiller, she looked at the mirror. Her nose was in a terrible state, she had a scar on her eyebrow, and her eye was still red.

At least, that's all they can see.

She wondered if she was pushing her body too much, but she wanted to be there when everything was over. She wanted to make sure that Nat was okay.

Checking the time, she rushed to her assigned car. "Sorry," she mumbled and hopped to the backseat.

"We have eyes on the area," Agent 16-E's voice said in their earpiece.

The drive lasted half an hour, the building was out of the city. It used to be a vodka factory until the company went bankrupt ten years ago.

A few bodyguards were checking the perimeter, and two guards stood in front of the entrance. Alba blocked their devices.

"No one hears them," she informed Axel. She typed once again. "And now, no one will see us."

She stopped the cameras from recording the surroundings and put a fake video in a loop so that no one would suspect what was happening outside.

Following the plan, the agents took down the bodyguards without alerting the guards. Susan and another agent pretended to work for Neva and neared the guards, Susan holding a suitcase.

"Neva told us to come here if he hadn't communicated with for more than a week."

Alba watched through Susan's secret camera on her suit as the guards were looking between them when one of them opened his communication device.

"I need confirmation for these two," he said, but it was too late.

Using this opportunity, Susan hit with the suitcase the guard that was talking while the other agent disarmed the second guard.

"Your turn, Chief."

Axel and his team rushed into the building, Alba close behind them, making sure that no device would create a problem.

Susan and her team headed to the upper floors while Axel and Alba went after the red dot.

A few people in white coats were walking in the corridors when the agents attacked and immobilized them.