Ninety Five |

Ninety Five |

The sky was darker now, with the rising night. Clouds rolled in from the south, and I knew it would rain soon. Just as we left the fenced area, I could see the van and the rain began to fall. My heart hammered in my chest and panic set in. There was no sign of Barron and there was no sign of Sebastian.

I prayed he was in the van still.

"Sebastian?" I called.

Out of the corner of my eye, Lisa's hand came out to grab Oliver. I could hear the two slowing their walk to a stop. It only had my heart filling with anxiety and terror. Was she stopping so I could see what awaited alone? My teeth dug into my bottom lip as I reached the back of the van.

"Sebastian?" I whispered, placing my hand on the doors.

Silence.

Then, I could hear that voice that brought me more comfort than a warm summer day, the voice I craved like it was my own source of dopamine.

"Ey Love, I'm here."

His voice sounded tired, but not hurt. A soft sob broke from my lips as I threw the doors wide open. There he was, sitting on the floor, his arms perched on his legs. For a moment we both just stared at each other. Then we were moving.

"Sebastian!" I cried, stumbling forward, my legs giving out.

He smiled, a shy smile that was rare, much more rare than the fake one that always played on his lips. He caught me, like he had always done, and he held me as I sobbed into his torn shirt. His hands were so warm, drawing circles on my back.

"It's ok," he whispered, softly, "I'm ok. Love, I'm ok. I'm alive."

I looked at him, lifting my head. Through my tears my eyes flickered across his face. Those crimson eyes that shone so bright, they were like little torches now. Orbs of hope that allowed me to always feel protected and smart. He made me feel important, and kind, and strong.

He made me feel loved.

"Sebastian," I whispered softly, my heart feeling nervous.

I could feel my cheeks burning as I realized that I loved him.

I loved Sebastian.

"Are you ok?" he then asked, "Barron, that idiot. Did he hurt you?"

My head shook and I giggled, "I'm ok."

We stood, and moved out of the van. Sebastian smirked at Lisa before his brow arched upon seeing Oliver. Oliver stopped for a moment, Owl crouching low to the grass to growl. I smiled slightly.

"This is Oliver," Lisa smirked, "Oliver this is Sebastian."

Sebastian waved, "How'd you do mate?"

Oliver didn't move.

"What is it?" I asked Oliver, a frown on my face.

His hand slowly moved to his side, where his knife hung.

"You are evil," Oliver said simply.

Right. I had been around him for so long that I forgot Sebastian's past. He was Maxwell's underling. Stepping towards Oliver, I offered my hand down to Owl, who stepped forward with hesitation, to lick my hand. I then stepped back, standing beside Sebastian, I held my hand out again to Owl. Who hesitated again, before licking my hand, his tail arched.