Ten |

Ten |

Cam didn't come home that night. I didn't mind, however I didn't want to sleep in Jax's room again that night so I grabbed his blanket off his bed and took it to the couch. After soaking for over an hour, and scrubbing my body, I slept on the couch in those damn gold shorts and a sweater.

I woke early in the morning – just before dawn. Leaving the outfit on, I realized I once again lacked clean clothing. I'd have to ask Cam or Cici about that. With nothing else to do however, I decided it would be best to find out more information.

But, it wasn't safe to go back to Flynn or his father.

"You know, I've been Cam's friend since we were four years old! Me, Cam and Cici, that's how it always goes," Flynn had slurred.

That's right. If they were that close then maybe Cici had some answers. I opened the front door and took a step outside – to run right into a body. I yelped, tripping backwards as the person fell on top of me.

"Cici?" I asked looking at the woman to was on top of me.

She giggled, moving to sit on my stomach. My eyes widened at the very intimate position and a blush danced across my cheeks.

"Going somewhere bestie?" She teased.

I rolled my eyes, gently pushing her off me. Crazy woman she was. I took note of the crop top she wore, and the baggy pants. It looked like she was off to somewhere as well – was this a pit stop for her?

"I was going to look for you actually," I admitted.

She skipped over to the kitchen, and seemed to start making herself a coffee. My eyes flickered to the front door that was still wide open, I shut it before trailing after her into the kitchen. I pulled myself up to sit on the counter.

"What can I do for you?" She hummed sipping on her cup, and leaning against the sink.

I bit my lip nervously. How do I ask my questions without throwing anything off? She sighed, causing my eyes to flicker to her blue ones. They were quite pretty, reminding me of those ocean pictures Mom kept around the house.

"What's wrong Mira?" She asked putting her cup down to stand in front of me.

"Is there somewhere I can go to clean my laundry?" I chickened out of asking her.

She laughed, "Shame on Cam for not telling you! There's laundry machines in both the general shop and Knicks shop next door. Knick owns the shop right beside my dad's."

I nodded, that was useful to know. Although I didn't really have a lot of clothing to wash. Perhaps, I'll do it in the bathtub and let it dry in the window. Cici's hand landed on my knee and I froze. I looked at her with wide eyes, as she nervously licked her lips.

"Mira I..." she began.

The front door banged open and I squeaked pushing Cici's hand off my knee. Jax stood in the door way, dressed in a long sleeve white shirt, black pants and a black leather jacket. He stared at Cici with narrowed eyes.

I looked at Cici, she merely sent him a wink and turned to pick her cup back up. The tension in the room grew and I averted my eyes to my hands. In truth, I was still a bit sore from yesterday's tasks. I hoped, Jax wouldn't make me do anything too crazy today.

"Who slept on the couch?" he demanded looking at the blanket.

My face heated up and I rose my hand. He glared at me.

"Why?"

"Well, that is my cue to skedaddle. See you later Mira," Cici sang placing the cup in the sink and heading for the door.