Three: Car Rides

"Tell me, Clara, why am I so unlucky?" Harry sighed.

It was two o'clock in the morning and on the way home from the bar, Harry's tire popped. He couldn't call Ed or Nick, for they were probably drunk out of their minds. However, Harry did not hesitate to call Clara.

She shrugged in response to Harry's rhetorical question, she pursed her lips and furrowed her eyebrows. She waved her hand, signalling Harry to come over to her car.

"You want to drive me home?" He wondered. "No. I can't leave my car here, someone's going to steal it!"

Clara raised her eyebrows, with a fed up look on her face.

"Fine! But if anyone steals my car, I'm telling you, you're going to pay me back for it."

She sat in the driver's seat of the car, waiting for Harry to join her. Once he did, Clara turned up the radio. 'Paint it Black' by The Rolling Stones was playing which resulted in Harry humming along.

"You have a good music taste, Clary." Harry commented. "So you aren't entirely boring. Turn left at the lights, by the way."

Clara nodded, following Harry's instructions with a simple smile.

"Clara, why did you do it? Why would you wake up at 2 in the morning just to drive me somewhere?" Harry yawned, trying to keep his eyes opened.

She didn't say anything, but they've always been unusually communicative n a reserved way. Harry understood that he still meant a great deal to her. And that she is inclined to reserve all judgements, which is a habit that has opened both of their many curious natures.

Clara pulled up to Harry's house and he groaned. "We should drive all night." He suggested. "I have nowhere to be. Although you may have to go home."

"We can drive, Harry." Clara replied.

"I won't fall asleep, I promise. This is exciting, Clary. This is the beginning of something great." He inquired. "I can feel it."

Clara nodded. What else could she do?

"So, I guess I should refrain from asking questions because I probably won't get an answer." He let out a shaky laugh. "That's okay though, Clara. Don't feel bad."

She couldn't help but to let out a giggle. When Harry noticed, his eyebrows shot up in excitement and his mouth gaped open.

"Again! You let out a form of speech again. You never fail to amaze me." The curly headed boy said excitedly.

Harry and Clara have got all night, and they're going nowhere. They have no idea where to go, but their company is enough. Despite the fact that Clara doesn't like to talk. 'Cause Harry speaks enough for the both of them.

"Clara!" Harry yelled, in a hushed tone. "You're speeding and the police are right there! I can't go to jail."

"We won't." She whispered, simultaneous to the sound of police sirens going off.

She pulled the car to the side, rolling down her window waiting for the policeman.

"Can I see your ID please?" He asked.

She pulled out a her ID from her wallet, waving it in his face proving to him that she wasn't some minor, as she could presume he thought she was.

"You were going far too fast on the main road. Speed limit is 80 and you were going 110." The policeman told her. "You're lucky you're pretty. I won't knock you off of any dermit points, but I am charging you."

"Of how much?" Harry pondered.

"One hundred and ten dollars."

"Are you joking? That's a lot! Give her a break she wouldn't be out here if it weren't for me." He tried to bargain, but the police just wasn't having it.

"Then you pay it for her. Goodnight." He bid as he walked away.

Harry's jaw dropped, "I can't believe I thought Canadians were kind. Probably the meanest group of people I've met."

"You just don't understand the way we speak to each other." Clara spoke, for the second time today.

"You don't even speak at all. Well, you do, more now than ever, but still! I can't get over it."

She shrugged and continued listening to Harry's endless rant about Canadian weather, their ties to Britain; which just so happened to be his home country, and the people. He claims the only thing that he likes is our food, and the diversity. Oh, and not to mention the Universities, which Harry was accepted to nation wide. He chose Vancouver of all places though. He could have stayed in Toronto, where he grew up, but instead he hulled Ed over to a whole different province and started a new life there.

"I might doze of Clarity. Lucky for you though, I couldn't stand listening to someone talk for a straight hour." He chuckled. "Maybe I should end the night off with a really good pun?"

She shook her head, yes. Excited to see what Harry had in store for her today.

"Alright, this one is a good one. A man just assaulted me with butter, cream and milk. How dairy!" Harry told. Laughing so hard that if brought tears to his eyes. "Get it? How dare he, but I said dairy! Oh, Clary, I'm hilarious."
-

I feel like I dedicate all my chapters to Karlie, and it's because I do. But today I have a good reason! It's our Friendaversary. 8 months going strong 👌. We've been friends for like quite some time now, eh? Anyways, yeah dedicated to her. So follow her and read her books maybe? harryslaystbh