Ten: Finals

A week had passed since Harry and Clara were lost in the woods and finals were fast approaching. By fast approaching we mean within the next hour. Each pupil is specially assigned a classroom and an exam designed to meet their intellectual abilities. Moreover, each person has a different exam.

Clara was in her car on the way to her University when she heard she had a text from Ed.

[TEXTING THREAD]

Ed: I need your help.

Clara: I'm going into my finals right now, I'll text you in an hour!

Ed: Bullshit. Harry told me finals start at 11:00. It's 9:30. Hear me out.

Clara: Go on, Ed.

Ed: I'm moving to LA in the summer... There's just so many more business opportunities and Vancouver is holding me back. I don't know how to break it to Harry.

Clara: Can't help you... Harry's your best friend and you know him and how he reacts better than anyone else.

Ed didn't reply to Clara after that so she just stuck her phone in her back pocket, grabbed her book bag and head inside. She was greeted by a quiet hallway filled with students with coffees in their hand and repeating words to themselves; as if they belonged in a mental psych. Clara just walked in with a simple smile and proceeded to walk towards the library where she sat rereading a passage they were meant to analyze. For they were writing an essay revolving around the topic of Charles Dickens' Great Expectations which was easy for Clara, she already read it in the tenth grade.

She was invited to a feeling of dismay when the bell had rung. Her finals were about to begin and if Clara didn't get her goal of a 90% on this exam, she would be more than disappointed. Her whole life she worked for perfect grades and they had always come easy to her, but this time things didn't seem like it were going to happen.

Each student was assigned a total of three hours to write their exam. It took Clara an hour and a half. It wasn't hard for her. She wrote figuratively and precisely. To her, it was only ever seen as putting your thoughts into words, which isn't hard.

She was overly excited when the professor dismissed them from class. The first thing she wanted to do was go for a coffee because she didn't think that she would be able to stay awake another minute.

On the walk to her car, Clara saw a series of text messages from Ed, Harry, and her mom. The only people that ever text her.

[TEXTING THREAD]

Harry: Coffee and a walk after finals ?

Ed: Clara. You're like the Albert Einstein of 2015 and that's the answer you give me? Are you kidding?

Mum: Hello, sweet cheeks. Your dad and I are thinking of you today! We miss you loads and can't wait for you to come visit us again.

Clara replied to each of the messages

To Harry: Sure, meet me in the parking lot.

To Ed: The answer is within yourself x

To Mum: Love you both loads. I'll keep daddy in my prayers :( xx

She locked her phone and put it away in her bag. A smile broke out on to her face when she saw Harry approaching the car then quickly redeemed herself when he was close enough to see her. She unlocked his side of the car and he hoped in the seat.

"Hi, Clara. How are you?" He wondered, fastening his seat belt. "My final was so goddamn hard. It gave me a passage from some book I've never read, asking me to write an essay." He mumbled something to himself. "That shouldn't be allowed."

She raised her eyebrows at him then just shook her head. It wasn't hard being around Harry, he was good company. Although she didn't speak much, Harry never really minded. He was okay with it and kept a respectful distance from her inside life. If she wanted to open up to Harry about it, then she could. But for now, he'll just have to wait and see.

"Let's just go through a Tim Hortons drive through then park your car somewhere and we'll walk." He said, clarifying the plan.

Clara nodded and turned up the song that was playing, which was a song that wasn't recognized by the either of them. Until Harry furrowed his eyebrows a bit.

"This sounds like Ed," he frowned. To help solve this problem, he took out Siri and asked what song was playing. Only seconds later she said "The A Team by Ed Sheeran".

"He doesn't have a song called The A Team. Unless he's dropping singles without telling me." Harry worried, with a true concern that he might be loosing his best friend.

Clara felt awkward; so she put a hand on Harry's knee and rubbed it. "There's a logical reason behind it. Don't you worry. I'll drive you to Ed's and you can talk it out there. If you want, you can come over later." She smiled.

Harry smiled too, then said; "we're still progressing, Clarity. You've spoken to me so much, I'm beyond ecstatic. My mood went from being at 0-100 quite quickly."

She giggled and made a U-Turn heading in the direction of Ed's flat. It was only a ten minute drive away from where Harry and Clara were at the moment. When they finally arrived Harry leaned over the seat and gave Clara a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Thank you, Clary! I'll fill you in soon, yeah?"

She nodded and waved him goodbye.
_______

Author speaks: First things first, if you commented and said "The A Team is such an old song omg!1!!!!!" You can delete that comment because this is written at the start of Ed's music career and that is one of his big singles. And secondly, PLS don't message me and ask to translate. The answer is no :-)! Happy Easter ! #LoveJesus ❤️