Four: Study Date

A few days later, Harry found himself in the undeniably large library, studying for his final exams. Harry and Clara attended UBC, both mastering in English Literature. Although Harry excelled in Sciences, Mathematics, he chose English. And no, it's absolutely not because Clara did. He just wanted a challenge. Everything came easily to him, so challenges were always enticing.

Harry had several books sprawled out in front of him and his head in his hands. He was so focused that he didn't notice Clara sitting right across from him.

"Oh! Hello, Clara. Didn't see you there. Are you studying for our English Final too?" He said, letting out a shaky laugh.

She nodded before pulling out the novel that they were expected to analyze. Earning a loud groan from Harry.

"Don't get me wrong. Charles Dickens is brilliant- absolutely brilliant but his works are so hard to understand. From what I've picked up Louisa and Tom, according to this philosophy, their father never allows them to engage in fanciful or imaginative pursuits. Can you believe that?" Harry asks, while flipping through the pages of his notepad with countless words written on each of the pages.

Clara nods. "It all makes sense to me."

"Well, I suppose it would, for you. I mean, you have countless hours to do anything you want and from what I've picked up about you, you over analyze everything!"

She furrowed her eyebrows and frowned a bit. For Harry was wrong. Just because Clara didn't speak a lot, didn't mean that she had countless hours to do nothing. She was just as busy as the next person. Clara didn't expect Harry to understand her. Nobody does.

Clara went back to reviewing her notes, not acknowledging Harry, since she was a bit upset with what he just said. But, with Harry being the way he is, he made it hard for Clara to ignore him.

"So, like, I was thinking." Harry said for the first time in a while. "We should hang out sometime."

Clara shrugged.

"That's sign language for maybe!" He rejoiced, doing a mini fist pump. "How about you text me for once? You've had my number since like ninth grade."

She playfully rolled her eyes and shook her head okay. Clara started to gather her books from the table and put them in her book bag.

"Don't leave, Clary!" He pleaded. "Ed is out of town for a week, in order to fulfil his music career so, I need a companion!"

She raised her eyebrow and tilted her head. "Now are you sure you'd want to spend a week with me?"

Harry shook his head, yes. A week without Ed would be extremely hard for Harry, since they were best mates. He had some type of affect on Harry that was unhealthy almost. They were like a couple, attached at the hip all the time. When Ed had to leave for music interviews or something of the sort, Harry was lonely. Yeah, it annoyed Ed sometimes, but more than anything it saddened him. Harry was not independent at all, he was needy of other's attention. He wants to feel important, but he doesn't let it show. That, indeed, is Harry's secret that not even he knows. Only Ed.

Clara waved Harry a goodbye, then went on with her day. It wasn't long at all though until she had gotten a text message from Harry.

[TEXTING THREAD]

Harry: Hiii.

Clara: Hello, Harry. Is everything alright?

Harry: Sure is. I was just a bit bored. What are you up to? x

Clara: Just got home from the library.

Harry: Me too. Did you want to hang out, maybe?

Clara: We were just hanging out, Harry.

Harry: Oh, yeah. Sorry I'll just be at home, bored and alone...

Clara: Okay, you do that. Have a good night.

Harry: No, wait, I was trying to guilt trip you!

Clara: Didn't work...haha.

Harry: So that's a no to hanging out?

Clara: I'll be over in twenty. You're so persuasive.
___

Updates are short but frequent, yeah?
Comment what you guys think of this chapter.