Fifteen: Up All Night

Three days later, Harry and Clara found themselves doing the same thing they were doing three days ago. Sitting on the couch watching reruns of How I Met Your Mother. Harry doesn't remember when the last time he slept at home was. He's got his own drawer full of his own clothes at Clara's. Spending time together was all they really knew ever since Ed left for America and Sandy became a prick.

"Last night before falling asleep, I couldn't help but to think of how much we've progressed. Like from saying one word a day to a couple sentences a day." Harry said, his accent more prominent than usual. Clara loved Harry's accent. She loved watching his lips as he spoke.

Snapping out of her trance, she just made eye contact with him, letting Harry know he heard him and went back to thinking about how it took her seven years to have a full conversation with Sandy. So, she told him.

"It took me seven years to have a full conversation with Sandy." Harry's mouth went agape.

"Well, it doesn't really matter how long it takes for you to speak fluently with me. As long as you intend to someday. I'll wait."

It was 2am, Harry and Clara sat facing the TV. Her head on his chest and their feel tangled together at the bottom. Harry was happy. He watched the way she refused to fall asleep and how every time her eyes closed she fought to keep them open.

"You can go to sleep, love, I'll bring you to your bedroom if you'd like." He whispered.

Clara sat up and straddled Harry's lap, once she realized what she was doing, she immediately left his lap, then proceeding to sit next to him. Harry felt as though his cheeks were a fire-like red and silently thanked God that the lights were off. Feeling bold, Harry grabbed ahold of her hips and sat her back to where she was only moments earlier. They were both new at being intimate and they both knew it too. The dim lighting from the TV was the only light source in the house. It was well lit enough for Harry to see that there was a few strands of hair in Clara's tired eyes.

"You are so beautiful." Said Harry, loosing any feeling of fear he may have had. "So so beautiful." His hands were on each side of her face.

Clara couldn't control her smile and she leaned forward and their lips attached. Harry's hands were gripped tight around her hips, which he used to bring her closer to him.

Harry pulled away with a slight frown. "Am I doing a bad job at this? I've only ever seen it in movies."

Clara shook her head and kissed Harry again. After a few moments of tired kisses, Harry and Clara decided they weren't going to sleep at all tonight.

"Pulling an all nighter will be quite fun, yeah? We'll stay up till 7 in the morning, then sleep all day. Seems productive." Harry offered.

Clara nodded and gave Harry a hug. She was excited. During elementary and high school, nobody really wanted to hang out with the girl that never spoke. Besides Harry and Sandy of course, but time after time she shot down their friend requests.

Clara made her way to the kitchen and opened a cupboard that revealed every sweet you could ever think of and Harry's eyes widened.

"I'm a cereal addict and you're a candy addict." Harry mentioned, laughing a bit. "Our kids are going to be so fat." After realizing what he said he slapped his hands over his mouth and began to shake his head.

Clara, however, was dying of laughter. "We're having kids? God, H, I would like to get married first."

"I was kidding Clary," he said trying to hide his embarrassment, but it was inevitable.

Harry began browsing her cupboards and discovered a bit of red wine behind a box of cereal. He picked it up and turned to Clara who was pouring various candies in a bowl.

"Shall we add this to our two person party?"

Clara nodded, with a bright smile.

They brought their drinks and candies over to her coffee table.

"Let's make a fort, it'll be far more exciting than sitting in your boring living room." He proposed.

Then they began to build a fort out of every blanket, sheet, and pillow that Clara owned. The aftermath was looking far better than they had expected.

"I'm quite impressed, H." Clara stated.

Harry beamed at his work. He was impressed too. They made their way into their newly built fort and Clara poured themselves a cup of wine.

Harry raised his cup and proposed a toast. "To us, to our friendship, and to a lifetime of lovely memories." They took a sip of their wine and smiled at one another.

"Close your eyes," Clara whispered to Harry as she leaned towards him. She picked up a fuzzy peach from the bowl and placed it on his lips.

He opened his eyes with a disappointed look. "I was expecting something else..."

Clara raised her eyebrows.

"I was expecting one of those watermelon candies." He stated.

She rolled her eyes playfully as she put a jellybean into her mouth. Harry, though, had just downed a whole cup of wine. He was never too keen of drinking but doing it with Clara seemed to make things okay. He pulled out his cell phone and opened up the Instagram app.

"Say Cheese!" Harry encouraged, but Clara hid her face from the camera.

While she wasn't looking, Harry took advantage of the opportunity to tickle her sides. She had a total laughing fit and it made Harry happier than ever.

Three glasses of wine later, Clara was jumping around the house with her arms in the air speaking inaudibly. Clara had never drank before so the alcohol in her system was more effective than it was for Harry.

"Is this what it feels like to be in love, H-Harry?" Clara said, making Harry's heart skip a beat.

"I don't know what exactly love is babe." He responded.

"I feel love when I'm with you." She replied.

He was so overjoyed. The fact that they were holding a miniature conversation and that she felt love when she was around him, made him happy. But Harry, felt bad too. Taking advantage of her while she was drunk was wrong. He knew that Clara wasn't ready to speak to him fluently just yet, so Harry called a quits to their up all night bet. He took ahold of her hand and guided her to her room, but Clara stood in her tracks and frowned.

"Are you mad that I'm in love with you? I don't want to go to bed, H." Clara whined.

Harry's heart began to flutter and it felt as though it dropped to his stomach. He couldn't describe just how happy he was. Then he was reminded by his thoughts that she was drunk and not thinking properly.

He shook his head and brought her to her bedroom without any complaints this time. By the time he turned out the lights, she was fast asleep.