Seven: Pull it together, Harry.

The next morning, Clara dedicated to studying in a quiet café not too far from her home.

On the way there, she was stopped by Ed, who was calling her name. Rolling her eyes, she turned around and waited for Ed to catch up with her.

"Hi." He panted. "Didn't think you were gonna stop for me."

They continued to walk side by side. As Ed told Clara all of his plans for the future. Turns out, Ed has several music producers wanting to meet with him. Which he's really excited about.

"But leaving Harry's hard. He's my best mate."

She nodded. He groaned.

"He's upset. He thinks you have something going on with Sandy." Ed chuckled, opening the door of the café for her.

"Sandy is just a friend." Clara answered, clarifying the whole situation. Finally being able to realize why Harry called and asked about Sandy last night.

"Isn't that what they all say?" Ed frowned.

She furrowed her eyebrows in thought. Then simply shrugged away the idea before taking a seat at a booth across from Ed, who invited himself to her study session.

"How do you like your coffee? Double double?" Ed mumbled, looking through the menu.

She nodded and pointed to the triple triple. Earning an eye widening from Ed. "God, were you trying to get diabetes?"

Ed's phone began to vibrate continuously, making him roll his eyes.

[TEXTING THREAD]

Harry: Ed

Harry: Where are you?

Harry: You just left my house without telling me.

Ed: I'm at Coffee Culture with Clara

Harry: I'll be there in ten .x

Ed: No, you won't.

Ed: You don't have to come. Just stay home and watch TV or something. Occupy yourself.

Harry: I will. By hanging out with you guys. Please let me come!

Harry: I'll buy everyone's food.

Ed: Deal.
____

Surely enough, Harry came in the café only minutes later with a toothy grin. Clara's eyes widened at the sight of him, then turned to face Ed, realizing he had sold her out.

"He offered to pay!" Ed bargained with Clara's undeniably horrifying glare.

Harry frowned and his face went red, "sorry, Clary. Did you not want me to join you? I could go back home. I have loads of studying to do anyways."

She shook her head, as an indication that she didn't mind if Harry would stay. After, Harry had slid into the seat next to Clara, across from Ed.

"So, Harry," Ed spoke up after a few moments of silence. "Clara over here seems to like 'The 1975' and she doesn't believe me when I say Matty is like a brother to me."

"He isn't, you liar." Harry laughed, then took ahold of the coffee that was placed in front of him taking a swig. It wasn't long before he spit the coffee all over the table though. "What the hell? I never ordered a black coffee."

"That's because you drank mine! And you spit the bloody coffee all over my face. You're such a goddamn klutz!" Ed yelled, angrily.

"Not to mention you spit it all over my $130 dollar text book as well. I hope you can repay me for that." Clara said through gritted teeth, gathering her belongings in her bag.

Both Ed and Clara stormed out of the café leaving Harry standing there, with all eyes on him. He sadly wiped up whatever mess he could and left a twenty dollar bill on the table before walking out.
___

"This really doesn't make sense," Sandy sighed. "Forgetting grade 10 history is the worst thing a man can do. So, explain again, trench warfare."

Sandy was at Clara's flat, studying for his big exams that were coming up. He decided to take advantage of the fact that his friend is a know it all and use her to help him study.

"Trenches were introduced in the battle of Passchendale which was Germany versus the Triple Entente. The Germans had higher and drier ground, making it easier for them to fight. Whereas the Canadians, Brits, and French were stuck fighting in muddy wet trenches that the Germans had flooded." Clara explained. "Since the soldiers were standing in wet water for so many hours of the day, it allowed the soldiers to get foot diseases such as Trench Foot."

"Great. I'm going to forget all of this in like five minutes. This is pointless!" Sandy sighed in defeat, walking towards Clara's fridge. He settled on a piece of cake that Clara had bought herself a couple days ago. "Food is a good stress reliever."

"I bet, especially when it's my lava cake." She commented. "You took a huge slice, is there any left for me?"

"I don't know, and quite frankly, I don't care. Let's watch a movie."

Clara rolled her eyes, then diverted her attention to her phone, that was vibrating. She was almost positive that it was Harry.

[TEXTING THREAD]

Ed: Have you spoken to Harry since this morning?

Clara: No.

Ed: He's ignoring me and I'm quite worried about him.

Clara: He'll be alright.

Ed: No, he won't.

Clara: You love arguing with me, don't you?

Ed: Yes, but let's look at the bigger picture here. Harry is upset and lost. I'm going to his favourite bar, I'll let you know if I find him.

Clara: Alright.

forty five minutes later

Ed: He isn't there or at his flat!

Ed: I'm really worried now, Clara.

Ed: Can you help me look for him?

Clara: Ed, it's late. He's alright and has absolutely no reason to be upset.

Ed: I yelled at him. I never yell at him. He's my best friend, for Christ's sake. Are you going to help me?

Clara: Do I have a choice?

Ed: Hell no. I'll text you the address of where I am, and hurry. I'm not a patient guy.

Clara: Lol. Okay, Ed.
_____

As per Ed's request, Clara left her home and Sandy in search of Harry. She met up with him outside of some bar.

"Finally." Ed laughed. "I found Harry, by the way."

"Was he even ever missing?" Clara asked, her agitation evident.

"No. I just wanted to apologize face to face, and I had a feeling you weren't going to answer me so here we are." Harry admitted. After the longest seconds of Harry's life he added, "standing outside of a bar. Waiting for Clara to forgive me. Maybe we can go get drinks?" He suggested.

"I seriously can't believe you. You made me drive 25 minutes away just so you could apologize to me?"

"Yes! Well, no-. Oh, I'm sorry how about I make it up to you? I can buy you dinner. It's not that late. It's only 9:36 we can go out for dinner still right? Oh, I'm sorry Clara. I screwed up."

"Not tonight, Harry." Was the last thing she said before stepping in her car, leaving Harry upset and hurt for a second time today.