Nine: Lost

It was now three in the morning and the Lord of the Rings marathon had just ended. Harry had fell asleep during the first movie, whereas Clara had stayed awake for all three. When the third movie was over, she was beyond tired and wanted nothing more than to sleep in her cozy bed. Harry, though, had made himself comfortable on her couch. Clara tried shaking Harry around in hopes that he would wake up and leave but it worked to no avail. Without luck, Clara just walked over to her linen closet pulled out a blanket and put it over Harry. Helplessly, Clara went to sleep.

The next morning, though, Clara woke up to the smell of a fire. Rushing out of her room in only her t-shirt and underwear, Harry stood in the kitchen mumbling profanities. Moments after, he turned around seeing Clara standing in front of the kitchen entry with her mouth agape.

"Morning," Harry said with a cheesy smile. "Care for some pancakes?"

Clara stomped right past Harry, looking at the mess he had made right in her kitchen. She knew he meant no harm, but the repair cost would be completely out of her budget.

"I always manage to ruin things. I destroy everything I touch. I'm sorry, Clary." Harry admitted, apologetically. Proceeding to clean up the mess he had created. "I'll repay any damage costs."

She shook her head, not accepting his money, then going to her room to put on pants after realizing she was only in her under garments. She walked back to the kitchen to see Harry making two cups of coffee in a relatively cleaner atmosphere.

"Thought I'd make you some coffee, to make up for almost burning down your house. It's the least I could do." He offered, handing her the cup with a black coffee in it.

She took it gracefully and walked over to her couch, turning on the telly. Until, there was a knock at the door which caused her to groan.

Behind the door, stood Sandy. She had almost forgotten about their plans for the day. Since Sandy would be leaving for New York tomorrow morning.

"I hope you fix all of that before we leave." Was the first thing Sandy said to his best friend. In response, she gave him the finger.

He followed her into the living room where he saw Harry sitting on the couch laughing at the TV program that was currently playing.

When Harry saw Sandy, he gave him a little smile before saying. "Ginger Sandy! What are you doing here?"

"Well, I was supposed to pick up Clara over here," he said pointing to her. "But apparently she isn't ready... Wait. Did you guys? Oh my God. Clara you lost your v-card."

Her face went the darkest shade of red possible and Harry bit his lip, trying to refrain from laughing.

"My goodness, Sandy. You don't shut your mouth do you?" Clara mumbled quietly, so only Sandy would hear.

He just let out a little laugh, then looked back to Harry, "did you want to come out with us today? And celebrate the fact that Clara isn't a virgin anymore?"

Harry began to laugh uncontrollably, then clenched his stomach. "I guess so." He said in between laughs.

"I'm going to wash up. Don't murder each other while I'm gone." She advised before walking off.
_____

"I've missed our hikes, Clara." Sandy told her, then looked back at Harry who was five feet behind them. "Can you keep up, Harry?"

"Of course I can."

"Then do it slow poke," Clara joked.

"Hey, she spoke to me and I didn't even do anything wrong!" Harry exclaimed, as if it were some type of achievement. "Clara, I look forward to the day that we carry a full conversation."

Sandy stood on the edge of the cliff, dancing trying to scare Clara. "Look!"

She raised her eyebrows in fright, then began swatting her arms around as an indication for him to get off of the ledge.

"Come on, Clara. Speak, why don't ya?" Sandy taunted her, which caused Harry to frown.

"Leave it alone, Sandy. Get off the ledge of the cliff, too. Are you trying to kill yourself?" Harry asked, pissed off because of Sandy's immature actions.

"I won't get off the cliff until Clara has a full conversation with you!" Sandy negotiated.

"I won't make her do that." Harry shrugged, then began walking away. "Are you coming, Clary?"

She nodded and took ahold of the hand that Harry had extended, in hopes that she would go with him and leave her asshole of a best friend.

"I don't know why you put up with him, love. He seems like a prick." Harry told her truthfully. "You know...I would probably make an amazing best friend. Just ask Ed."

Clara laughed and tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear. "I don't know where we are, Harry."

"Clara, you're kidding right? I don't want to be eaten by a grizzly bear. I hear that there is tons out here." Harry mumbled frantically.

She shook her head no, which made Harry feel uneasy. He began to pace around.

"Okay. So North is that way," he pointed to his left, "South is that way," he pointed to his right. "We're going to die here Clara. We might as well just get married because I doubt we'll find anyone else in the woods that is relatively attractive."

She looked at him, bewildered.

"I ramble when I'm worried." He admitted.

Thirty minutes of walking around, Harry and Clara ended up back in the same place they were before. Harry, though, didn't realize.

"Are we out of the woods yet?" He wondered, hopefully.
_________________

Thank you to @foodxhoran for the lovely new cover :-)