Five: Oh, Ed.

Harry was overly excited, to say the least. He loved Ed more than anyone, but sometimes he needed a break. Having Clara over was good for Harry, she was like a new start for him.

When he heard the door knock, he got up from his leather couch and opened up the door for her.

"Hi. Welcome to my surprisingly clean flat. I only ever clean when I have visitors, which is rare. So feel special. I cleaned for you." He rambled, with a small smile at the end.

Clara returned the smile and took a seat on his inviting couch.

He walked over towards the couch before speaking up. "I was thinking we could just like order some food and watch Big Bang Theory. You can never go wrong with food and Big Bang Theory."

She nodded in agreement, Harry's plan sounded alright.

"Okay. Great. I'll go order and you can sit here and look pretty." Harry smiled, quickly admiring her beauty.

As Harry left the room, Clara's phone vibrated, which was odd because Harry was really the only person that ever messaged her.

[TEXTING THREAD]

Ed: Hi Clara. Is Harry all right?

Clara: As far as I'm concerned, he's quite alright. Is everything okay, Ed?

Ed: Oh, of course. Just wanted to know how Harry was adjusting without me. It always worries me.

Clara: I guess the space is better for the both of you then. It's only a week. He'll survive, I'm sure.

Ed: Don't be so sure, Harry's...different.

Clara: Why is that?

Ed: You'll see. Just give it a while.
__

"Hope you didn't miss me too much. I ordered meat lovers." He mentioned, then noticed her face fall when he said that. "Oh, you're a vegetarian aren't you? How did I forget? I think I have a salad in the fridge..."

Clara smiled and brushed it off quickly, not minding that he forgot. "Really not all that hungry today, H."

"Your voice is so beautiful, why don't you speak more?" He said nonchalantly, then suddenly became very flustered with himself, resulting in a flushed face. "I didn't mean to say that. Well, I did. But not out loud. I was just thinking out loud."

Her cheeks were suddenly crimson red. It was weird, the effect Harry had on her. She didn't necessarily like him intimately but he was always able to make her stomach turn into knots. Even wobbly in the knees on the occasion. But Clara absolutely did not have a thing for Harry.

"Anyways...here's my Big Bang Theory DVD set. Call me a nerd, I know." He nervously laughed, placing the DVD's down on the coffee table. "Let's watch season 2. It's ace."

Half an hour later, Clara and Harry were so worn out from laughing, their stomachs began to hurt. Harry's more than Clara's because, well, he ate half a box of pizza to himself. Her phone went off again, causing her to pick it up and read the text message.

[TEXTING THREAD]

Ed: How is he?

Clara: He's fine, Ed. Just like he was an hour ago. If you truly want him to grow without you then stop pestering after him.

Ed: I am letting him grow, by using this mechanism. Don't you see?

Clara: Perhaps you should leave him be. For the rest of your vacation. He's 21 years old, for Christ's sake.

Ed: I'm just looking out for him...

Clara: Fine! Then do so, but I never signed up for this. I'm not his babysitter. He can live on his own. I'm sure you don't spend every minute by his side do you?

Ed: I'm guilty.

Clara: God, you guys are frustrating.

Ed: We didn't ask you to be a part of any of this.

Clara: Well I thought befriending Harry would do him and I well, clearly it's just making you jealous.

Ed: I am not.
__

"Who are you texting?" Harry asked, peering over Clara's shoulder.

She showed him the recipients name, which read 'Ed' and his mouth made an 'o' shape.

"What's up with him? He hasn't texted me this past two days. Ed's usually on my case 24/7."

That made Clara think. Perhaps Harry wasn't dependent on Ed, but Ed was dependent of Harry and wanted to make it look vice versa. If so, Ed's plan were well thought out, but would only fool an idiot and Clara was the furthest thing from an idiot.

//
Check out harryslaystbh & London_Faces new fanfic, maybe? It's quite brilliant.