2: Birthday gift

Present

Taehyung was seating in his room alone looking at the gift in his hand. He didn't open the wrapper. He already knew what's in it. It was the shoes Jimin wanted. It happened always. They would always buy two sets of everything, probably to show that they treat their sons equally. Taehyung was waiting for his uncle's family. His grandparents didn't come for their birthday because they were out of town.

"Tae, uncle Joonie is here." Taehyung went out as soon as he hears Seokjin's voice, telling him to come down. He hurriedly ran down the stairs and hugged his uncle making Namjoon chuckle.

"uncle Joonie"

"Happy birthday tiger," Namjoon said as he brushed his hand in Tae's hair, giving him a lovely smile.

"thank you"

Taehyung looked around to find his uncle hoseok and Yoongi Hyung, but there was no one.

"Why are you alone? Where are uncle and Hyung?"

"Ahh, I came here directly from work. So they were coming in another car. They will be here soon."

"Okay."

They all relaxed in the living room. Namjoon and Jin went into the kitchen, while Jimin was resting on the couch, his head on Jungkook's thigh as Jungkook caresses his hair while watching tv. And for Taehyung, he sat there on the different couch pretending to watch tv while looking at the front door from time to time. He didn't want to be there. No matter how many times he says that after all these years, the closeness between his dad and Jimin didn't bother him but in reality, it still hurts when his dad ignores him but acted so attentive and lovable to his brother.

On the other hand, Namjoon and Jin were chatting here and there.

"so what did you guys decided about Yoongi?" Jin asked while placing things on the dining table.

"well, what's there to decide? Every time the subject came up, Hoseok is crying. And Yoongi is okay with whatever we decide, so we decided to not send him to the US" Namjoon said while sipping his orange juice. His son, Yoongi got a scholarship this year to study in US. he was proud of his son, there are 10 people in the whole of Seoul who passed this exam and his son was one of them.

"You decided the right thing."

"Yeah, he is only fourteen, it's too young to leave alone, not to mention in another country where he didn't know anyone."

"right. I can't live with the idea of Jiminie leaving without us."

"So you are okay if Tae is left alone?" Namjoon fired back making jin halt in whatever he was doing.

"no-no, I didn't mean it like that"

Namjoon and his family knew that how Jin and Jungkook treating but they didn't know the whole thing. They didn't know to what extent Jin and Jungkook ignored their son. However, in the past, Namjoon tried to take Taehyung with him with the excuse that he has vacation and Yoongi misses him. Jungkook agreed at first but just after two days, Jungkook took Taehyung home telling Jimin was feeling lonely. Namjoon told him to leave Jimin with them but Jungkook didn't agree. Which resulted in Jungkook and Namjoon having a cold war.

The doorbell ranged, Jin and Namjoon went into the front hall. Hoseok and Yoongi were already there holding big boxes.

" Happy birthday Tae and you too Jiminie"

"thank you, hoseok uncle and Yoongi Hyung"

They wished for the twins and went inside. Hoseok stopped and looked at the half-eaten cake on the teapot.