17 : HIS LIES

TAN'S POV

"BAHAHAHAHAHAHA". She started laughing out loud. " Nice one". She said clapping her hands as she thought I'm fooling her. But it wasn't funny at all.

" Do I look like a person who Jokes around?". I glared before pulling out my gun from my pocket and placing it on the table in front of me.

Her smile slowly faded away. She gulps down looking at the gun. Slowly raising her head looking straight into my eyes trying to find the truth, that I think she found as I see her expressions changed into feared ones. I smirked.

She got panicked and started moving backward. " Stop or you'll fall off the couch". I warned but as always my stubborn doll's clumsy a*s didn't listen to me. She moved backward and fell off the couch. "Aaaahhhh".

Looking at her I pointed my finger and started laughing. She got embarrassed and immediately stood up from the floor.

"Don't worry I will not harm you". I chuckled. "Do you still want to know about me?". I added but got an expected answer from her. She nodded and sat in front of me again.

'She is braver than
I thought she is'.

" Are you that curious?. I see". I looked at her from up to down. "So what else you want to know about me"?.

She paused for a few minutes before speaking. " Why do you want me to work at J.W. Enterprises?". She asked innocently but without stuttering.

'From where did she get this conference all of a sudden'.

Did she take my words seriously when I said I'll not gonna harm her? Or she believed me. Even after I said I'm the mafia boss she believes me. Only a minute ago calling me a beast she believes me already. After bringing a complete stranger who is blackmailing her home and curing him she believed.

'How can she?. Is she too innocent or she really trusts me?. Is she actually...?. No no no I can't let this happen'.

'Her angel eyes saw
good in the devil.'

I met evil when I was only a child. I have found so much beauty in the darkness as I have found so much horror in light. I have faced my dark time by myself and just like the moon half of my heart will always love darkness.

I can't drag her in all this. I want to be trusted by her but only when I'll be honest with her. I can hurt her with truth but I will never comfort her with a lie. Because I know the truth is not as painful as discovering a lie.

But I have to do the thing I'll kill if someone even dares to think, to do that to her. I have to break her heart. I have to become the beast she thought I'm. I have to make her hate me.

That would be the most painful thing for me to see hatred in her eye for me but all I'm doing this is for her own good.

I noticed that all the time I was staring at her and she was looking everywhere but not me. Felt uncomfortable under my gaze.

"I'm using you". I said out of the blue with a wide smirk on my face. But only I know how fake it was.

She frowns her brows. " Using?. What do you mean by that?". She asked in confusion.

"I hate Won. He is a successful businessman but I'm not. I want to destroy his business completely. And I'm going you use you as my spy there". I gave her a foolish reason because I didn't think her innocent mind can think much more than this.

She looked at me shocked. The tear started forming in her eyes immediately. Shaking her head, she mumbled something.

" And you know what?". I lean closer to her face. But she didn't move back. Looking in my eyes with her tear-filled blue one. " There is no escape from me". I whispered and learn my head backward resting it on the couch.

She was still seated in her place. Processing my words. " You can't....you-you... can't do this to me". She stuttered.

I didn't raise my head as I can imagine her pouted face. "I can my dear and I am".

" No, you will not". She said wiping her tears with the back of her palm. I know because you saved me last time in the elevator when I called you". I chuckled at her childish reason.

"Of course I saved you. I saved you because I have business with you. As you are selected in Won's company you are now useful for me. If you think you are someone special for me and came to save you leaving my all work aside, like a hero in those cheesy moving, then listen there is nothing the word called 'feelings' in the beast-like me". I said sarcastically.

I lied. The whole thing I said was nothing but a complete lie. I saved her because I love her. I care for her. I was terrified of the thought of losing her. I was scared, guilty for the first time in my life for something when she was missing. Yes, she is special to me from the first time I laid my eyes on her. And even a beast like me would have feelings for her because she's Anna. My Anna.

" I hate you ". She mumbled under her breath but it was hearable. I fake a dry chuckle showing no emotion. Wiping her tear she went to her room. I signed heavily.

Yes, I hide. I hide things from her. I hide my pains from her because I don't want her to get hurt. I hide my problems from her because I don't want her to get tense. I hide my tears from her because I don't want tears in her eyes. I hide my hard days from her because I don't want to ruin her nights. I hide my struggles from her because I don't want her to struggle with me. Yes, I hide things because I love her.

I slowly walked and stopped near her bedroom door. Trying my best not to make any noise. I learn my back on the door and sat there on the floor outside her bedroom.

I heard her hiccups.
She was crying inside.
I'm the one who made her cry.
She said she hates me.
'Shit...I hate myself too'

My arm was hurting but not more than my heart hearing her vulnerable cries. The whole tiny apartment of her's was silent. Only the sounds of her hiccups and sobs were heard.

" Don't cry, Anna
It breaks my heart ".
I mumbled under my breath.

At that time two hearts were broken. One was inside the room, another inside my chest.

How I wish to go inside. Wipe her all the tears. Hug her tightly, rub her back. Comfort her in my embrace. I wish I could tell her that how special she is to me. How thankful I'm to have her here with me. I wish I could tell her how much I love her.

°°°
I care for her. But I can't show

I love her. More than I'll ever know