22 : FRIENDSHIP

ANNA'S POV

What about your brother?.
I dared to ask but immediately regretted it.

He looked at me a confused doe eyes. " I don't have any nor either Ezra". He replied. I was suspiciously looking at him but didn't get any sign of a lie.

" Miss Ezra is very kind. You are so lucky to have her". I changed the topic smoothly.

He simply nodded." She is, but you know one thing?". He said looking here and there playfully even after knowing there wasn't anyone. Only a few kids were playing there. " She isn't my fiance actually. We are in this relationship only for business purposes". He added.

My eyes widen at his words. "What?". I said a little loudly.

" Yeah. We are best friends since childhood but we don't love each other. Only for the business impact you know".

" But Mr. William I think she likes you". I said honestly. She looks at him the same way I used to look at Tan or maybe I still...

He chuckled at my words. " No Anna, she doesn't. You must have mistaken something. We are only 'friend' ". He said the last word with blinking his eyes twice fast.

' maybe '. I thought to myself.

" Ice cream". He shouted like a kid. I turned back to see an ice cream truck stopped on the opposite side of the road. " Would you like to have one also?". He asked and quickly stood up from his place, ready to go.

I wasn't able to decline when I saw his childish behavior. I nodded and stood up too.

" Let's go then". He signaled me to walk before him. "Ladies first".

We crossed the road and stood beside each other in front of the truck. Many children were also gathered there too. " What would you like to have?". The ice-cream seller asked, looking down at us from his truck window. " Chocolate ice cream". We both said in unison and looked at each other. He chuckled and I smiled back at him.

He brought two ice creams for both of us. He handed me both and told me to go back to the park. I went and sat on the previous bench. After waiting for him for more than twenty minutes I tuned.

A wide smile spread on my lips as I witnessed him buying ice creams for all of those kids. ' same as me. I also like to buy gifts for kids.

As soon as he noticed me I turned again. My back was facing him. A few minutes later he came and sat beside me. I handed his melted ice cream back. Trying to stop my laugh when he dropped it on his hoodie.

But to my shock, he picked it up and started licking it again. I was only looking at him in disbelief.

" Your hoodie Mr. William". I said pointing at his hoodie. " It's okay I have more clothes in my car". He replied still licking his ice cream like a kid.

" What do you mean by in the car?". Words slipped from my lips. I mentally smacked my head.

" Actually I love to travel and eat street food. But when I roam around in those suits people look at me like I'm some alien that's why I always have casual clothes with me. I even changed before coming here. Look!.". He said pointing at himself like he is used to it. I didn't reply and only listen to him talking about random things.