18 : BROKEN ANGEL

ANNA'S POV

I wake up hearing the irritating sound of my alarm. My eyes were closed and I was feeling cold. I opened my eyes slowly only to realise I was lying on the floor feeling dizzy. I lazily sat up and learn my back against the edge of the bed.

Using my fingers, I pushed my hair back from my face and tightly grabbed it. Last night's event started roaming in my mind.

He messed me up. He really did. I lay awake at night. Trying to imagine.
How it could have been? What I did wrong?

Why did I meet him? Why did life put him on my path? For him only to use me? And to leave me broken?

What am I supposed to realise? That I make mistakes? Or that I get attached too quickly? I don't regret doing those mistake. Because they are the best mistakes I've ever made. But thpse are the same mistake that left me broken. That mistake left me lost.

What am I supposed to say now? Sorry? Sorry to myself? Sorry for hoping? Sorry for feeling joy? Sorry for thinking it was something good? Sorry for feeling safe in his arms when he comforted me?

Sorry for ever thinking that he also has feelings for me? Just because he helped me once. I already started expecting?

I'm sorry for thinking it was a good idea. I'm sorry I thought life was giving me a break. Giving me a chance for the first time. But no life is always so cruel with me. My luck left me with my parents. I wish I could tell someone everything.

I literally cried and wiped my own tears, picked myself back up, and keep getting up. Because I know that no one is gonna rub my back and say it's gonna be alright.

I got ready for the office and went towards the elevator. I was alone in the elevator but I wasn't scared. I wasn't feeling afraid. My biggest fear was to loose him. And now I've gone through it.

When I first thought I lost him when I saw Won getting engaged and got confused, that didn't hurt more than last night. Because that time I thought I only like him. Yes, I liked him because as a teenager I found him cool, rich, and handsome. He has freedom. All the things I only wished to have.

I didn't know him before. I only knew a few facts about him and piece them together in a way it makes sense to me. But it wasn't him. It wasn't him at all.

When I came to know that it wasn't Tan who got engaged. A ray of hope passed through my heart and that was the moment I realised that I love him. That was a most unforgettable moment for me and after he helped me I started expecting more. I started dreaming. I didn't stop myself from thinking about him. From caring about him. From loving him.

'Attachments are dangerous when you are the only one who feels attached. You will always fight for your time. For their attention. For their care, priority. And you hurt yourself every day when you didn't get it. After trying your best'

The elevator stopped on the ground floor pulling me out of my thoughts. I walked outside and noticed a strange man in a black suit with earbuds, standing at the gate. As I walked past him he slightly bowed at me.

I quickly headed outside the building only to see two luxury black cars. A man was standing next to each of them.

As I walked near them they turned their attention towards me. I recognised one of them. He was the one who have dropped me multiple times when Tan wasn't here.' What was his name? I guess Aiden.'