Striker's Song

Later, the Pain Games had finally ended. You joined the other Imps standing in front of the stage as Wackford began to announce the results.

"I say, I say, for the first year ever, we have a tie for winner of the Harvest Moon Pain Games!" exclaimed Wackford.

Suddenly, Prince Stolas seized the microphone from Wackford and revealed the two winners in his place, "The winners are... Striker..."

Striker walked onto the stage and gave a salute at the crowd.

"Aaaaand my darling Blitzy!"

"Just say my name right! Fucking dick." he exclaimed in frustration while getting onto the stage.

The crowd went wild, cheering for the two winners. But you, on the other hand, slowly applauded for Striker only.

You were a little upset since you did not win. You wanted to know what was Striker doing here at the festival. Although you actually found out about his job as a farmhand.

Still, you couldn't help but wonder that wasn't his actual reason. What was he really up to?

You then found Striker the only one still standing on the stage.

"Now what?"

"I'd like to take this opportunity to sing a quick song I wrote just now, about me winning." said Striker, as he took out a guitar and strummed it.

Much to your shock, you couldn't believe that Striker was about to perform a song about him being a winner.

"Son of a--?!" You were about to cuss, but your cussing wasn't heard by the time Striker finally sang his victory tune.

"Sweet victory..."

The red lights appeared behind him as he continued to sing while playing his guitar. The audience were awed by Striker's performance.

"I smell the smell. From up in stinkin' Heaven to the rugged rocks of Hell."

During his song, Striker noticed a squealing fangirl Imp and kicked her in the face. She became delighted to have Striker kick her in the face but she ended up getting mauled by the jealous other Imps.

"Sweet victory... with everything I do. With every talent, I'm so much more talented than you."

Unlike the Imps who were enjoying Striker's performance, you were unamused. You rolled your eyes, knowing that song of his was all about him.

"Every time I try, I push it and succeed. Every first attempt of Every single deed. Me! I'm totally the best. The super cool me, handsome guy..."

Just as you continued to listen to Striker's song...

"(Y/n)~"

"Huh?" you noticed it wasn't Striker's voice. You suddenly heard someone calling you and turned around. But when you did, you noticed no one's there.

You were confused at what was going on until you heard Striker about to finish the entire song, "Did you hear something? It was just the wind."

Striker finally strummed the last melody of the song. The crowd cheered, some of them hollered.

"Thank you. You're too kind."

Since Striker had finished the song, you decided to confront him. You don't need to worry about the other voice who suddenly called you out of nowhere. You heard the end of his song, maybe it was just the wind.

You found Striker at the backstage. He noticed your presence.

"So, what do you think?" he asked.

"About your song? Gee, I wonder. Let me think," You then gave a quick response sarcastically, "No comment."

Striker smirked, knowing that you're still upset over the fact that he won.

"Still upset, I see," he said, "It's a shame you can't find out what I'm doing here at the festival."

"Oh, that. I don't need to win to find out."

Striker raised his brow in confusion after you told him.

"I heard you were working at the ranch recently," you explained, "But something tells me that's not the real reason."

"What makes you say that?" he asked.

"I think you're up to something. Something big..." you stated, assuming Striker's true intentions that may be related to the Harvest Moon Festival. "Tell me what you're really up to."

Striker then walked towards you and he caged you between him and the wall behind you.

"Y'know, if I were you, I should be minding my own business." he suggested.

"And why should I do that?" you questioned, glowering at him.

Striker smirked and moved his face closer to yours.

"Wouldn't want you to get too curious." he answered.

You knew what was Striker talking about, a saying here in Hell.

Curiosity killed the Hell cat.

You're no Hell cat, and you don't care if curiosity will lead you to something dangerous.

You then shoved Striker away from you.

"I don't care if I'm too curious, I'll find out your true intentions. Just you wait."

Striker only smirked at you, dismissing your persistence.

Suddenly, you both heard someone.

"Excuse me, I say, excuse me. By any chance, are you a-miss (Y/n)?"

You looked to find Wally Wackford, the Imp with the Southern accent and the host of the Harvest Moon Festival, asking for you.

"Yeah, that's me."

Wackford took out something from his pocket and gave it to you.

"I was told to send this to you," he explained. "But, I say, I'm 'fraid I can't tell you who."

What Wackford gave it to you was an envelope that included a letter inside. You were suspicious at first but you decided to check to find out. After tearing off the envelope, you read the letter. But as you read, you became shocked with your eyes widened when you recognized something at the end of the letter.

At the bottom, you saw three initials in cursive.

𝓐. 𝓐. & 𝓐.

"Shit. Why now?" you gritted your teeth as you had a bad feeling that you knew who sent Wackford to give you this very letter.

You tightly gripped onto the letter and looked down to the ground.

"Is everything all right?" you heard Striker asking you. Seeing your attitute changed for strange reason, he tried to place his hand on your shoulder but you slapped his hand away from you.

Striker noticed the look on your face. You weren't irritated anymore, it was replaced with shock and fear taking over you.

"Who are you and what have you done with the cheeky bitch?" he asked.

You realized that you were actually freaking out over the letter from you know who and calmed yourself. As you did, you sent him a stern glare and answered, "If I were you, I should be minding my own business."

You left Striker alone as you decided to confront them who sent Wackford to give you that message.

After you left, he gave a suspicious look on his face. He knew that you are hiding something from him, something so important that you didn't want him to know.