Late Night Phone Call Pt. 1

(A/N): In this chapter, this is Striker's POV, taken place at the end of the episode and the next chapter will be Reader-chan's POV along with the phone call as this same chapter

***

That night, at the Hideway Motel, Striker made a phone call to inform his client.

"Huh... I failed to kill the target at the festival. But don't worry, ma'am... It won't happen again."

"It better not!" His client sounded very displeased and angry."I want this cheating prick dead! I don't care who you have to go through! MAKE IT HAPPEN!!"

There was a pause during the phone conversation. When his client regained her composure, Striker replied, "Understood."

He hung up and held his blessing-tipped revolver in his left hand.

"I'll get him next time." he said, twirling his revolver before he turned off the lights with a dark chuckle followed by the hisses of a snake and crocodile.

Time had passed after a phone call with Striker's client.

Striker was currently fast asleep.

Until he suddenly heard the phone ringing. The snake-eyed Imp slowly sat up and picked up the phone.

"Hello?"

"I hope I didn't call you on a bad time."

Striker became surprised as he recognized that voice.

"Mr. Divinos?"

"Please, there's no need to be formal, Striker. Just call me Divinos."

"What do you want?"

"I heard you failed to assassinate Prince Stolas of the Ars Goetia at the Harvest Moon Festival."

Striker became a little suspicious when Divinos was aware of the failed assassination.

"Were you there?" he questioned.

"Oh Hell's teeth, no,"  Divinos answered, "Why would I participate at the festvial filled with common Imp folk somewhere in the Wrath ring? My confidant informed me about your failed attempt to kill Prince Stolas. Not to mention, I was shocked to hear that you lost your carmine crafted blessing-tipped rifle."

Striker secretly gave a frown before he turned his eyes on his special gun that was near by him on the bed. He picked it up in his free hand and stared at it.

"Think you can make another one?"

"Striker, do please understand. It will take God knows how long to make a powerful weapon tipped with blessing," explained Divinos. "And unfortunately, I am a busy gentleman and I've important matters to attend to."

Striker's tail gave a hiss in dismay as it rattled.

"But, I believe someone else can make you the blessing-tipped rifle. I can give you the phone number. I do hope you have a pen and paper to write with."

Striker then received the phone number from Divinos.

"You sure this is the right number?"

"Oh believe me, Striker. I'm very sure this is the correct phone number." answered Divinos. "I hope she'll make one just for you."

Striker found out that the phone number he received belonged to a woman. She might be an acquaintance of Divinos.

"Oh and give her my best regards once she answers." Divinos hung up.

Striker decided to make another phone call. Once he'd input the number, he waited as the tone was heard.

Then the tone was replaced by someone who had answered the call.

"If you're here to buy a gun or make a weapon commission, One Shot, One Kill is still closed."

Striker began to notice something as he recognized that voice. He even heard the name of the shop that sells firearms. Striker recalled a conversation from Vick, the tavern owner. She mentioned about her friend owning a weapon shop.

"You might have to call back..."

But just when she was about to finish what she's saying to him...

"Angelface?"