15 - they're all standing around me singing 'happy birthday to you'

SKYLAR

There, on the other side of the curtain, stood Taylor Swift. She was wearing a sparkly and see-through, long sleeved top with a black tank top underneath and short, black shorts. When she saw me, she gave me the biggest smile and held her arms open for me, and I hurried over to her.

"Skye! I'm so happy they found you! Happy birthday sweetie!" she said while she was hugging me.

"I've missed you so much," I sobbed and didn't want to let go of her. I hadn't realized just how much I'd actually missed her these past two months and it all came crashing down on me now that I could finally hug her again.

Without pulling away from me, I could feel her looking over my head at Connor and heard her smiling when she said, "Hi! It's so great to finally officially meet you Connor!"

I pulled away from the hug and turned around to look at Connor, and couldn't help but laugh at his expression as I wiped away the happy tears from my face.

"You know my name?" he asked, looking something between scared and surprised.

"Of course! You're Skye's best friend and foster brother! And you're the one who manages your account on Instagram."

Connor gaped at us as he looked from Taylor to me. "Did you talk about me?"

I shook my head. "Nope, Taylor's just the best," I replied and felt Taylor pulling me into a second hug from behind.

"Ah, I've missed you so much too Skye," she said, hugging me tightly.

She gasped as if she suddenly remembered something when Connor had walked over to stand next to me, in front of her, by the reputation wall.

"I saw that video of you dancing to Delicate! You were awesome! How do you still remember that? I taught it to you, like, five months ago."

"I might've been practicing," I smirked.

"Wait, you were the one who taught Skye the dance?" Connor asked, and we nodded.

"Okay, have you thought of a pose that you want for your picture?" Taylor asked and looked back and forth between us.

I smiled and glanced over at Connor, not sure what to say. "Well, I originally wanted a picture with you hugging me from behind but... I don't know what Connor would do in that picture," I said, looking down to the floor.

"You know what? We could take two or three pictures if you want? You guys are the last people here anyway and you're leaving with me, so we've got time."

"Wait, really? We're leaving with you?" I asked, getting all excited again.

"Yeah, of course. Where else would you go?"

"I don't know? A hotel?"

Taylor laughed out loud and it made me subconsciously smile. "You think I'm gonna drag you here to one of the cities I live in and make you stay at a hotel?"

I shrugged but I did feel a little stupid. Of course she would invite us to stay at her house, this was Taylor Swift we were talking about. "Well, how should I know," I mumbled, looking down at my worn-out sneakers, and Taylor pulled me into a third hug.

"I love you, you weirdo," she said with a smile. "Alright, so Connor, are you okay with skipping this first picture?"

"Yeah, totally," Connor said and went to stand to the side.

We ended up only taking two pictures, one with just Taylor and me, and a second one of Taylor standing between Connor and me with her arms draped over our shoulders. Taylor asked if Connor wanted a picture with just the two of them, but he shook his head and told her it was fine.