𝑌𝑂𝑈𝑅 𝐷𝐸𝐴𝑇𝐻 𝐼𝑆 𝐺𝑅𝐸𝐴𝑇𝐿𝑌 𝐸𝑋𝐴𝐺𝐺𝐸𝑅𝐴𝑇𝐸𝐷

The raven-haired woman led the vampire outside, where Harry promised her privacy. Whatever she felt for either of them, she knew she could not make any clear decision on anything until she had her memory back, if that was even possible.

"I..." Gwen began, as she turned to face Edward.

She felt her heart skip a beat as she met his golden eyes. Gwen couldn't quite believe how much had passed in such few short hours. She couldn't believe she was asking him to run away with her, that they had kissed and had been honest with how they felt about each other just hours ago.

And even though Harry had entered her life once more and she felt familiar with him, this still was too confusing.

There were too many emotions that she could not understand. Too many events all happening at once.

It was too much.

Ever since Edward told her what her real name was, she wondered if she was like herself. If she was like 'Gwen' and not just 'Eden.' She certainly tried to emulate what she thought they wanted to hear, confiding in her feelings to guide her like they did when she was with Harry...But even then, this was too much for her to figure out.

At least right then and there.

"You're walking again" Edward said politely, breaking the silence between them.

"Harry fixed my leg, with a wave of a wand" Gwen said simply, as she did not drop his gaze. "I almost feel like myself again...Almost. You know, without the memories at least."

Edward smiled genuinely at her joke, "Harry is a good man. I am very happy you spent some time with him. I know you two were very happy before and--"

"Don't...Don't do that" Gwen said quietly, noticing how sad his eyes had grown as he spoke.

"Gwen" Edward said gently. "You deserve to be with somebody who makes you happy. Someone who isn't going to complicate your life...I am a complication. I'm sure you've heard by now my situation with my marriage, I'm sure you know, I have not been kind to you."

"I want to know" Gwen said, feeling her heart racing as she frowned, feeling frustrated as she recalled Edward keeping something so big from her. "Why? Why didn't you tell me you were married? Why did you let me go on and on about how--about how I feel about you?"

Edward looked ashamed as he looked away from her, "It's not what you think, I'm no longer married. Bella was not...Bella was not the person I wanted to be with. It wasn't your fault, you need to know that. It was all me. And even me being close to you now, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have allowed this to go on as it did. I knew you were with Harry. It was me, all me."

"Stop..."

"You deserve someone who won't hurt you. Someone who could give you everything in this life. Because I refuse to take yours. He's a better man. Harry is the better man."

"Edward I--"

"Gwen, don't worry about it" Edward said quickly, meeting her eyes with a solemn look. "I don't want you to pity me. I don't want you to feel as though you owe me anything. You're going to get your memory back. All the good, even the bad. But you're going to get it back. And Harry will be here to take you home."

"And...And where will you go?" Gwen asked him quietly. "You said, Harry will take me home. But where will you go?"

Edward took a deep breath, and she knew the answer before he even opened his mouth. She knew it from the moment Harry and Alex showed up. She knew it before too... He would leave. Edward would leave.