𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑵 𝒀𝑶𝑼, 𝑩𝑹𝑼𝑻𝑼𝑺 ? 𝑷𝑨𝑹𝑻 𝑰𝑰

The calmness inside of her was the first thing she felt. There was no way to explain it but that it felt like complete serenity.

Gwen had no idea what to expect when she drank the herbs, as she closed her eyes and let it take her where it went. She felt the ocean waves below her, encompassing every inch of her body as the herbs began to burn her throat--but truth be told, she could hardly feel it. Rather, she heard it.

The burning felt like a thump.

As though her heartbeat could be heard throughout her body, ringing in her ears and echoing throughout her body.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

But...The thumping sound wasn't coming from her throat, she was walking. They were her steps.

Walking.

She was walking.

She opened her eyes as she felt herself walking. Her boots were echoing through the cobblestones beneath her feet.

Gwen took a deep breath as she felt safe. Sure of herself. She continued to walk forward, as though she knew her destination.

Her senses came back to her as she realized her hand was gripping onto something. As she looked down, she realized it was her wand. Her wand...

The raven-haired woman continued to walk forward as she realized there were others walking beside her. One of them, was a familiar centaur female who turned to her with a quizzical look and said something to her.

Rhea? Gwen thought hard, as she frowned. No...It wasn't Rhea...She was trying to remember. Gaia!

The female centaur beside her was named Gaia!

"I said, are you feeling alright?" Gaia asked her, her face looking determined but concerned.

"Yes," Gwen grinned confidently, as she looked around "I didn't expect it to be so ancient. But in a way, it's quite modern."

Gwen was surprised at her words as she didn't realize she had opened her mouth to speak, but felt the confidence of her words as they continued to walk.

The man on the other side of her chuckled .

"Only the very best for the Volturi" the man she recognized as Eleazar said, as he looked up to the off-white walls. Common rectangular fluorescent lights were spaced evenly along the ceiling. "Don't let it's beauty confuse you, we are still in a dangerous place."

"Nothing we can't handle" Gwen said, as she felt ready. She was prepared. She had been through worse. This was nothing. A diplomatic mission. She hated to think it, but she had fought vampires before, they truly were no match for their magic.

The group behind them walked in unison as her team followed her every move. She was confident this would go smoothly as they continued down the long hallway towards the elevator, keeping a calm pace. When they got to the elevator, the heavy door creaked shut behind them, and then there was the thud of a bolt sliding home.

The bolt shook her consciousness as she felt water beneath her, which made her look around in confusion. Why was she there? Wasn't she--Wasn't she in La Push?

Gwen felt her breathing slow down as she felt as though she were choking. She took a step forward or at least tried to, but her legs wouldn't move! Trying once more, she felt herself kick her leg as though she were in water--unable to fully use her legs without feeling the motion pulling her back. She gasped for air, only to feel a burning sensation in her throat.

She gasped once more, bringing her hands to her throat.

She couldn't breathe!