𝑅𝐸𝑆𝑈𝑅𝐺𝐴𝑁𝐶𝐸

Gwen and Harry ended up outside as Healer Smethwyck went to work on examining Bella. As she stepped out, she smelled the fresh scent of pine as it hit all of her senses. Walking out in anger, she had almost forgotten she was in Forks. She hesitated as she took in the wonderful trees before her, feeling odd as Harry was right beside her. Two different worlds, two different parts of her life, coming together.

"Gwen..." Harry began, as he took a step towards her.

"What made you think it was okay for you to come here?" Gwen asked him, crossing her arms. A surge of anger raged through her as she looked into the familiar green eyes. How dare he come here, knowing perfectly well he was part of the reason why they were in this mess. "I know you, you volunteered to do it."

"I've been working closely with the Vampires too, you know. Just because--"

"Just because you were harboring the traitor that brought this on them? Yeah, I still question what you're doing here."

Harry's green eyes locked into hers. Anger and mistrust reflected in each other as they both silently raged. She knew it was useless to them for her to be angry, they had agreed to work together despite it all. But, it didn't make it any easier.

"Anger is a powerful emotion. Almost as powerful as love." Gwen heard Edward's voice in her head, wanting anything more than to have unheard that. So she pushed the thought from her head.

"Why are you really here?" Gwen asked him again, taking a step forward.

"We need you to come back home."

"What?" Gwen asked, feeling surprised by his answer. "No--Why? The Cullens? The Pack? Malfoy and Astoria? I can't just leave them."

"I'm here to protect them" Harry said. "I wanted you to hear it first. Before everyone else. I volunteered to take the position to protect them. I owe it to them...For what I did."

Gwen really was now surprised, feeling her anger dwindle as Harry's words were truly genuine, and full of her regret. He was doing this to make up for what he did.

"What...What do they need me to do?" Gwen asked.

"The Republic needs an envoy, a message to send to MACUSA."

"And Kingsley wants me to go? What about the plan? I'm supposed to be dead!"

"I don't know" Harry sighed, looking at her with questioning eyes. "We're all just chess pieces here, aren't we?"

Gwen had nothing to say, feeling conflicted with leaving her team...Leaving Edward, but knowing this was what needed to happen. They needed to push this forward, whatever may come. They needed to keep going.

"We're trying to prevent a war" Gwen finally replied, knowing her resolve.

"What a good soldier you are" Harry muttered.

"What did you just say to me?" Gwen snapped.

"I said, you're a fine good little soldier" Harry repeated loudly.

"I couldn't expect you to understand," Gwen spat. "You've never worked towards something--"

"And Voldemort was defeated by the Alliance, was that it? I did nothing?! I gave up nothing? I lost nothing?!"

"You did whatever Dumbledore told you to do, without question, without thought to what a new world could look like!"

"We had no time! My goal was to find the Horcruxes not to start a revolution!" Harry roared, stepping forward in anger to the point they were merely inches from each other.