18.Mysterious Lady

Hi dear readers...I had already written half of this chapter...so I thought of completing it.My whole family is placed on quarantine till August 18th.Thank you all for your prayers.Hope me and my family get over this phase soon.🥺🥺🥺

Some thought that my daughter is unwell...She is fine as of now...We are placed on quarantine because one of her classmates tested positive for COVID...Please keeps us in your prayers.🙏🙏🙏 

I'm dedicating this chapter to divineEarth for helping me out with my tooth problem,Though she isn't a reader of this book,I'm really thankful of how she came forward and helped me out.And glad to find out that she is a dentist.My tooth ache is much better now.Thanks dear🥰🥰🥰🙏🙏🙏

Please VOTE comment and Share this story.

I will update whenever I get time because it's hectic with the phone calls ,random checks and ART done by officials since we are being quarantined.

Author's POV

"What's bothering my darling daughter-in-law?" Rajeev Menon asked a pissed-off Anjali.

"Nothing," Anjali clenched her fists in anger.

"Is it because of yesterday's rendezvous with your ex-husband?" he chuckled amusingly.

"Rajeev Uncle, I'm already frustrated because of Varma Industries. They have become hard to convince to make us their partners. And on top of that, Yadhu dared to show off his mental wife to me, "she gritted her teeth.

"Are you jealous? Don't tell me you are still in love with Yadhu. Poor Harsh," he laughed out loud.

"Come on, Uncle. You know me better than that. I'm Anjali, and I don't do the love crap," she smirked at him.

"Harsh was just a means to my success, and I had to make Yadhu a scapegoat in my quest for achieving my goals," she stated emotionlessly.

"Success, Money ad Power is my only love...the merger of Saran industries and RK groups definitely gave me an upper hand in the industry. Now my goal is to be a partner of the Varma group at any cost. And Harsh has turned out to be nothing but a disappointment in my life. He is just lovesick and can't think anything beyond fucking me," she stated rudely.

"Young lady...you are talking about my nephew," Rajeev Menon said with fake anger.

"I'm just stating the truth. But let me tell you one thing. Yadhu is total husband material compared to Harsh, but it's a pity that he isn't my type nor interested in making money," she said mockingly.

"Oh dear...you must be missing Yadhu's love and attention," he said caustically.

"Hahaha...Maybe...but I'm not the one who cries over spilled milk. My parents were hell-bent on the horoscope crap, or else I was least interested in marrying Yadhu," she scorned. "My choice was always Harsh, as I knew from a long time back that Harsh will inherit the Saran industries as he is the legitimate son, whereas Yadhu is illegitimate. But now I'm frustrated because of my mother-in-law. She wants me to be the perfect daughter-in-law...I'm tired of playing charming in front of her," she said hatefully.

"That's sort of expected from Devika. She is obsessed with perfection, "Rajeev reminisced his sister's nature.

"Don't ever get inside the bad books of your mother-in-law. Just because she supported you for your marriage with Harsh, she won't tolerate unruly behavior. Do you have any idea why Devika married Saran?" he asked her with a serious expression.