31.Father of my child

2228 words...longest chapter...compensation for the delay...but trust me, guys...I was swamped this week.

Please VOTE, dear readers.🙏🙏🙏🙏❤❤❤

Kani's POV

"Bitch," I muttered under my breath, seeing Anjali inside my hospital room along with Yadhunandhan.

"Exactly. What a good observation! "Arjun chuckled and sat near me on the bed, looking amusedly at Anjali.

I looked at Arjun in awe.No matter how I tried; I couldn't bring my mind to accept him as my husband. All I got was only a brotherly feeling. But I decided to leave that aside and think of why Anjali was here.

I felt heartbreak seeing my Nandhu with his wife as I remembered him marrying Anjali. My eyes fell on Nandhu, who was standing behind Anjali. He had a lost look on his face and was looking at me with longing. I was confused as to why he was looking at me affectionately. But my thoughts were soon disrupted when I saw two policemen knock at the door and walk in with a grim look.

"She is quite alright. It was all a drama they staged to trap me," Anjali spoke in a high pitch tone, annoying me.

"I mean, officer...Why would I try to harm a retarded girl like her? Unlike her, I come from a well-off family and have a reputable social standing," she said, pointing towards me with a winsome look. Before I could reciprocate, Shreya yelled at her.

"Shut the fuck up, Anjali. You tried to kill her by pushing our Kani down the stairs, and you bloody hell knew she was pregnant. This was intentional from her side, officer," Shreya burst out in anger.

I learned from Shreya's words that I was pushed down by none other than Anjali and gritted my teeth in anger. But I didn't understand why she pushed me down or what her enmity was with me.

The nerve of this woman, I cursed in my mind.

Wait...Now I understand. So the husband is here to make me withdraw the case against his beloved wife Anjali.No wonder he looks so lost. My ears fared in rage at the mere thought.

I looked at Nandhu in anger.

"I don't know what he saw in her. She looks like a bitch and a witch...bloody bitch witch," I muttered again.

"Sweetheart...You are right. But that's a curse word. You can't curse when my little fairy is in your tummy," Arjun winked at me, and I turned away my head in the opposite direction in anger. I still wasn't ready to accept the fact that he was the father of my child.

"Is it necessary to go ahead with this case since Mrs.Kanika is fine now? "The policeman spoke for the first time, and immediately Shreya shouted at him in anger.

"Kani survived a fall, and she could have lost her baby because of her. And you dare to ask us to withdraw the case. Oh wait...she bribed you, right?" She sneered at him.

I was amazed by Shreya's behavior. As far as I remember, she is Nandhu's best friend, yet she supported me instead of him and his wife.

"Look here, Madam...We can settle this case here if you cooperate. This girl is not mentally well, and she can't give a statement in court properly. So Mrs.Anjali's name will be cleared as there is no evidence against her," the policeman said slyly.

Me and Mental? The audacity of this man, I glared at him as he continued to explain. It was pretty evident that he was completely on Anjali's side.

"Evidence? What evidence more do you want? Arjun and I are eyewitnesses. We are more than enough to prove our part in the court," Shreya said in anger.