Ch 1:It all started two years ago...

Sabrina's POV

My mum comes barging into my room and removes the curtains making me temporarily blinded by the sunlight. "Mom what time is it? Why'd u wake me up so early?!"I said while rubbing my eyes. "It's 7:30 in the morning for God's sake, 'brina! Now get your ass out of bed unless u wanna be late" and with that she leaves the room.

Honestly, I don't feel like waking up in the morning anymore. Every new day is filled with nothing but fear. As I start to get ready for school I'm interrupted by a notification which is a text from Jace saying "u better not keep me waiting today bitch! Unless u want me to repeat what I did yesterday" I could almost feel the smirk on his face when he sent me the text. So u see... Jace Gilbert is "my boyfriend". And about what he did to me yesterday, it's this bruise on my jawline I can see as I take off all the makeup from my face. Yup, u got that right. Jace punched me. And yes, he is my boyfriend. But do I love him? More like hate him. Do I wanna be with him? Hell no. Can I breakup with him? Definitely no. Why? Coz he wouldn't let me.

I take a deep breath as I walk through the door to my class. My eyes instantly fall on Lili and Keiran and I sigh in relief. These two mean the world to me. They're the only ones who have the guts to stand up to my "boyfriend" and hang out with me. Yeah coz he won't let anyone hang out with me. Much less a guy. I take a seat in the last row. Lili and Keiran walk up to me and they both take a seat on either side next to me. "Hey 'brina! Wanna watch a movie tonight?" asked Lili. "Off course she won't say no! Will u, 'brina?!" said Keiran. "Um guys, I don't think I can make it tonight" "But why?!" They both scream in unison. "Coz Jace says he has plans for tonight..and u know he'll beat me to a pulp if I dare to ditch him"I sigh. "We know 'brina...but how long Will you tolerate this nonsense?! It's too much at this point". "What's up with the bruise on your neck, Sabrina? It's Jace, isn't it?! Did he hurt u again? Did it happen yesterday?!". "Guys I just tripped over the table and hurt my jaw. That's it really". "Don't u lie to us babe". "Believe me it's my fault". "Cover up for him all u want, we ain't believing your lie". And with that we make our way to the Chemistry lab.

As i walk out of the class, I see someone towering over me but I don't bother to look up. Just as I'm about to walk past this person, he grabs my wrists and pulls me back into the class pinning me to the wall. "LOOK. AT. ME!" I hear him say through gritted teeth and I cringe at the sound of this all too familiar voice. I look up and my eyes meet his. This is so not how I expected the first period to unfold. " J-Jace p-please let go of me" Why the hell do I always have to stutter in front of him. There are only two instances that make me stutter..one, when I'm terrified...two, when I'm nervous. "Now why would I let u go, 'brina? Don't u know how desperate I get each day to look at this pretty face baby?". Hearing him call me " baby" makes me throw up in the inside. "Jace you're h-hurting my wrists". "That's what u get for not answering my calls, u bitch! Who were u so busy talking to that u didn't answer me? ME!". "J-Jace I swear I didn't know u called". "Shut that pretty little mouth of yours, 'brina!" he yelled as he held my wrists tighter. "Jace p-please stop. It hurts!" I wince in pain. Jace let's go of my hand and whispers in my ear "Now cover that bruise with some makeup like u always do" and with that he goes out of the class.

Flashback

It's my freshman year and I'm so excited to try out for the cheerleading tryouts next week! I'm out in the field practicing with Lili and Keiran who somehow have immense faith in me.

Two weeks pass by and I got in! They even said I was the best one at cheerleading in the school. A new guy called Jace Gilbert had just got enrolled in the school. All girls had their eyes on him. I knew for a fact that he liked me. And I would be lying if I say I didn't feel the same. After talking to him for a month, he asked me if I wanted to be his girlfriend and I agreed without a second thought. The first few weeks went by and I was happy with him. Little did I know that my happiness wouldn't last long. It was all unicorns and rainbows until one day he got drunk and slapped me in front of the entire school. I stopped talking to him after that incident but he wouldn't have it that way. He threatened me to go out with him or he'd harm Lili and Keiran. Knowing all too well that he wasn't kidding, I kept dating him. And this is how it's been ever since...

So this is my life. My boyfriend abuses me. It's not like I knew what I was getting myself into. I was just a 15 year old teenager hopelessly in love with my boyfriend... who's now my abuser. I haven't lost all hope though. I know I can't save myself. I hope someone else does. I'm waiting for that certain someone. But I don't know if I can wait any longer...

Hello beautiful people!!!! THIS is officially the first chapter of the story. Hope u liked it. I can't wait to introduce that certain someone in the next chapter!!!🌚 I'll update as much as I can. I have exams and piles of assignments lined up. I know that's no excuse but please bear with me. Love y'all ♥️