Ch 5:Why'd you stop?!

RYAN'S POV

Yesterday, Sabrina told me she had a boyfriend. His name's Jace. Sounds like an asshole (no offense to all the people named Jace)

She's been on my mind since yesterday's conversation. I just can't wrap my head around the fact that she loves someone else.

Pushing away my thoughts, I get ready for school. As I enter the school, the first person I notice is a guy with his arm wrapped around Sabrina's waist. That was it. I knew it would be impossible for me to control my feelings around her.

Instead of going the other way,I move towards them and I see 'brina looking rather pale. She's probably just tired or something.

"Um hey Ryan!"says 'brina. "Hey babe.uh-huh I mean Sabrina". "Who the hell are you?!" barks her boyfriend. "Calm down asshole. I'm her friend". "Oh hi there! I'm Jace". "Yeah whatever" I dismiss him and make my way to the class as i smile at 'brina.

Her friend. That's all I'll ever be I guess.

SABRINA'S POV

Getting to talk to Ryan felt so good. But I'm absolutely terrified of what's coming my way.

"It's time we had a little chat babe" says Jace with a sick smile tugged at his lips.

"J-Jace I can explain" I make an effort to calm him down."oh you gotta do much more than just explain baby" he literally yells at me in front of everyone. I'm glad none of my friends are around to witness this.

"Now start with how you know him" he says while shooting glares at me. "I-I know him from school itself J-Jace"." Why haven't I seen him around before today?!"."It's because he's new" I barely whisper.

"Oh stop with the waterfalls, will ya?!" he shouts. "J-Jace stop shouting at me! Everyone's watching!" I say to him raising my voice a little.

"How dare you speak to me like that, huh?! Do I really need to remind you of what I'm capable of?! You wanna see what I can do to you?"

"You've tortured me in all possible ways, Jace. There's nothing left for you to humiliate me with" I say to him as tears are streaming down my face.

"Shut up, bitch!" he yells and slaps me right across my left cheek. He slapped me hard this time. Harder than usual.

"YOU FUCKING BELONG TO ME!" he throws the statement at my face and gets away.

And all I wanted to do at that moment was cry out loud. That's what I always do. I know I don't deserve this. Hell, no one does. But it had to be me. It just had to be me...

LILI'S POV

I'm so happy right now. Me and Harvey have been texting each other all the time since we exchanged numbers.

I don't know if I'm ready to be in a relationship yet. Considering what happened with...

A notification interrupts my thoughts and I see that it's a text from Keiran asking me and Sabrina to meet in the canteen.

I meet up with 'brina and head over to the canteen.

"Heyyyyy girls!!!!!" Says Keiran beaming with joy.

"Did you meet Tom Hiddleston or something?" I ask her knowing she's literally the biggest fan alive.

Sabrina laughs at my comment and proceeds to say "what made you so happy, Keiran? Is it Nick?" making Keiran's cheeks turn a bright shade of red.

"No babe, it isn't about Nicholas. I just found a home we could move into"."Keiran Leatherwood, you better be serious about this"I say with a serious undertone. "Trust me guys, I'm dead serious" says Keiran. "Tell us more, Keiran. I can't believe this is really happening" says Sabrina.