Jorge Martin- First race

It has been a long break over the winter but racing is finally back and this year I'm even more excited because it's Jorge's first year in MotoGP and I'm so proud of him he's been working so hard the past few years and especially over the winter to be ready for this moment. It's been one of his life goals to get to the premiere class and now he's made it I couldn't be happier for him but of course thats not enough he wants to win the title but firstly win races which I know he can do. Watching him work so hard has been so inspiring because he just never gives up no matter what is thrown at him and that makes me want to do better in my life. 

One of the only downsides is that the first race is in Qatar which means quite a long flight plus its been a lot of work to find a way for the both of us to go out there because there is no way I was about to miss his first race, what kind of girlfriend would I be if I did. It's been a lot of going back and forth between options but I managed to get some time off work so we can actually fly out together and spend a little time in Qatar before the race and then fly back together. Despite the winter break we haven't been able to spend a whole lot of time together because I've been so busy with work in fact we didn't get to go away together at all he just went away with some friends without me which was so sad but now we get the holiday we have been wanting all break. 

Our flights out there are booked for Monday which happens to be in a few hours because it is currently 2am and I'm still packing because Jorge made me stay cuddled up with him on the sofa and literally wouldn't let go until the early hours of the morning when he decided we needed to pack. Our flight leaves at 7:00 which means that neither of us are probably going to sleep tonight and if we do it will only be a few hours but at least the flight is about 7 hours so we can try and catch up then. We are going on Monday because it gives us a few days to spend together and there is a slight time difference that we will need to get used to. I'm still so excited to go though because it will be nice to see Jorge race his MotoGP bike for the first time and to get a bit of quality time together. 

I was sat on the floor when folding clothes and placing them in the empty suitcase in front of me when suddenly my hair was all ruffled and I could no longer see what I was doing but then it was moved and I could see Jorge out the top of my vision leaning over to kiss my forehead. He sat down behind me reaching his arms around my waist to hold me to his chest as I continued to pack our things, for whatever reason he has been super cuddly today and now I'm not complaining its just kind of inconvenient at times. After just watching for a bit he moved a little to help me fold things in his own way which is not as neat as mine but it will do honesty because we really should attempt to get some sleep. 

Eventually we were ready to just leave in a few hours but until then I want nothing more than to just lay in bed, my wishes were granted when Jorge picked me up from my position on the floor and carried me to our bed that he jumped on holding me which was actually really scary but he kept a tight grip on me the whole time so I just ended up laying on his chest. He pulled a blanket over the two of us as I glanced at the clock which told me it was 3am meaning we needed to be up in 2 hours to leave for the airport. 

"We definitely should have gone to bed earlier we need to be up in two hours" I said 

"Nah its all good we'll just sleep on the plane" he replied 

"You might but you know I won't you can sleep through anything I swear" I joked 

"Then lay down and sleep now I'll wake you when its time to get up" he offered 

Safe to say I laid my head on his chest right away settling in closing my eyes trying to drift off which was helped by Jorge massaging my head and drawing shapes on my back to help my mind relax. He whispered in my ear just as I was about to fall asleep saying he loved me which made me smile.