Buying Cabbage & Package Arrival

Li Mo and the others just came, except for the rations borrowed from the team, they didn't have any vegetables.

  A few days ago, they ate together. Today, Li Mo and Chen Dan and Wu Pingxia discussed going to the villager's home to change some vegetables. The old group of educated youth teams was given a point for their own land.

  The government permits the exchange of goods and forbidden to buy and sell. It just so happens that Li Mo still has a few pairs of rubber shoes and a few sea soul shirts here to exchange for some cabbage with fellow villagers.

  Li Mo went to the men and asked them if they wanted to change some cabbage and potatoes.

  "Xu Yan, we are going to the villager's house to replace the cabbage and potatoes, do you want to change it?"

  "Go, what are you going to exchange for."

  "I brought some rubber shoes and clothes from Shanghai to exchange with fellow villagers."

  "You have a lot of good things, and Li Mo has so many, I want to buy a pair."

  "Okay, what code do you want."

  "It's 42 yards. Can I give you five dollars if I don't have a ticket?"

  "Okay, take things, we are waiting for you at the gate."

  A few people followed Li Mo to the branch secretary's house. "Grandma Wang, a few of us are here. There is no food at home. Do you have any extra food? We want to change some."

  "There are still some that are not enough for you. I will get them for you."

  "I'm going to use these rubber shoes for cabbage potatoes. You can pick two pairs."

  Grandma Wang cherished the comparison, and finally picked two pairs. "Girl Mo, you are waiting here, let Taohua go and call her mistress and grandma to come over, they also have them at home, can you replace them with them?"

  Wang Ailan asked Taohua to call her a few wives and wives, "Peach Blossom, go and call your mistress and grandma over here, just say I have something to find them." Liu Taohua answered and went.

  Wang Ailan greeted them to sit down, and it didn't take long for Wang Ailan's wives to come.

  "What's the good thing about my sister-in-law, why are so many children here."

  "These children want to exchange some cabbage and potatoes with us. See how many are left in the house?"

  Grandma Liu thought for a while and said, "My house can change 100 catties of cabbage."

  Grandma Liu San said, "Then I'll exchange 50 catties of potatoes."

  Li Mo directly asked her to pick two pairs of shoes, so that she still had one pair of shoes left for her, which was gone.

  When Grandma Wang saw that they were not easy to take, she said, "These dishes are too heavy, you should go to another place to change them, and when your Uncle Ming comes back, let him deliver them to you."

  After thanking Grandma Wang, Li Mo went to other places in the village with everyone to change. Although some of the food they brought was not as popular as Li Mo's shoes, they still managed to switch to the dishes.

  On the other side, Li Zhongguo also received the courier and just got off work this afternoon

  The delivery postman asked him to pick up the package. He took a big parcel and went back, and the family arrived.

  "My wife, the package is here."

  "How come there are so many, open it and take a look."

  Li Zhongguo opened the package and took out a letter first.

  Comrade Li Zhongguo:

  Hello! I have safely arrived at Lihua Village, Hongqi Commune in the Black Market.

  The folks here are very simple and enthusiastic, and they have helped me a lot in life. I quickly integrated into life here.

  The Northeast has fertile soil and abundant products. I got enough food here.

  The villagers lacked some living supplies. Knowing that I had brought some from Shanghai, they enthusiastically exchanged some of the mountain products and game with me.

  I think of my parents, brothers and sisters who live frugally at home and decide to send them home. When I start work next spring, I will distribute the food before sending you home.

  I felt the enthusiasm and warmth here, and saw the hardworking and courageous qualities of the working people of Guangfa. I will work hard to learn from the working people of Guangfa and work hard to contribute to the country.

  In addition, the folks are missing some supplies, please help. The required items are as follows:

  Five sheets of Shanghai printed quilt, one red shirt for women, one red pants for women, one pair of men's black leather shoes in size 42 and one pair of women's red leather shoes in size 35.

  Hope to know.

  Daughter: Li Mo

  December 11, 1970

  After reading the letter, Li Zhongguo said, "Momo sent back meat and mountain products. I exchanged the things I brought with my fellow villagers. You won't have to go to work tomorrow on Sunday. Your mother will go to Huaiguo to give Momo what Momo wants. She bought it and was watching to buy some labor protection supplies, which are popular in the countryside."

  Xia Mei opened the package and was shocked to see dozens of kilograms of meat for several years. There was too much meat.

  "Dad, this is roe deer meat, it looks like it's fifty catties. There are four rabbits and four chickens.

  Several people present had their own thoughts, and Xia Mei looked around and made a decision.

  "The old man gave a rabbit to your in-laws, and the second one gave you a rabbit to your Yue family. Aru took a rabbit, five catties of roe deer meat, and sent something to your in-laws."

  I'm quite satisfied when I heard this. Although Sister Li was not happy with Li Ru's so much, she couldn't be the master either. But if I can send a rabbit to my mother's family, there are several catties of meat.

  "You take it and go back early. It's cold and dark early. Come here early tomorrow and we'll go shopping for your sister and send it."