Chapter:- 2

Azlaan's POV:

"Sir, you have a meeting with Singhania's in some time." I heard my Assistant, Rahul, as soon as I picked the call up.

"I'll be there in some time." I said and hung up. I placed the file back into my bag and went to take shower. After getting ready I walked out and my lips formed into a smile when I found Ammi in the room reading newspaper.

"Daily something happens in this world. Daily. Not a single day where you don't get to hear about crime." She said shaking her while I smiled. True though. There's not a single day where crime isn't happening.

"Ammi, leave a day. There's not a single second which isn't covered in crime. Every second someone is dying, every second someone is committing a crime, every second someone is getting blamed, and every second someone is taking birth." I turned hearing Appi who came with a bowl in her hand. I took it from her and placed it on the table.

"True though. And we don't know who is innocent and who is the real criminal." Ammi said sighing deeply and I smiled.

"Leave all those things aside, Ammi. Have breakfast." I said pointing at the breakfast placed on the table and she nodded her head.

"Why are you so early today?" Appi asked turning to me and I smiled.

"I have a meeting in some time so I'm leaving early." I said and she nodded her head. After breakfast I went out of the house and sighed when I found the only woman sitting in her garden but her eyes were at our house. I turned to her who looked away immediately. I rolled my eyes. As if I don't know what do you do daily. I shook my head and drove away. I reached my office and as I got out of my car the gatekeeper greeted me making me smile. I nodded my head and walked inside. The receptionist greeted me with a smile. That's why I try to be here most of the time. These people treat me good despite of knowing my ugly truth. And there are my neighbours who look at me with disgusting eyes which I'm used to now. I reached my floor and a big smile formed on my lips when I found a paper sticked on the wall.

"We trust you, sir. We don't care about other people." I shook my head and walked inside.

"Good morning, sir." I smiled hearing Rahul who greeted me.

"Good morning. What's the progress of the last project we gave to the marketing department?" I asked walking inside while he started telling me about the project.

"How much time will it take?" I asked and he looked at me.

"Will let you know in some time, sir." He said and I nodded my head.

"Okay. Everything ready for the meeting?" I asked signing the file which he gave me.

"Yes, sir." I nodded my head and passed the file to him.

"Anything else?" I asked who was still standing beside me and he shook his head.

"No, sir." He said and I nodded my head. He left the cabin while I started doing my work.

I kept my head on the back of my chair with a sigh. I was rubbing my forehead with closed eyes when I heard Rahul.

"Sir." I opened my eyes to find him standing there with a glass of water making me smile.

"Sir, you have an appointment with the doctor at 7 today." He said passing me the glass and I sighed.

"Oh yes. Inform the marketing department that after this project they can have a week holiday or they can go to a trip to Manali from company's side." I said and he nodded his head.

"I'll inform them, sir." He said smiling at me and I nodded my head. He turned and I frowned when I found something in his hand.

"What's that in your hand?" I asked and he turned to me.