Chapter:- 20

Anfa's POV:

"Well, I'm indebted to you both." I smiled when I heard Mom saying looking at Aazil Bhai and Azlaan who smiled at her.

"And what about me? Am I not going to get a simple thank you from you?" Our head turned to the door when we heard a voice and I got confused when I found Aunt Haneefa. Does she know Mom?

"Of course you'll get. You deserve more than a simple thank you, sweetheart." My head turned to Mom hearing her. Huh? So, they really know each other. But how? I looked at Appi who herself was confused.

"Do you guys know each other, Ammi?" I looked at Aazil Bhai hearing him to find him looking at Aunt Haneefa.

"Of course. From a long time." She said smiling at Mom who smiled back at her.

"They are so confused. We are friends, dear." Mom said looking at Bhai who frowned.

"But why didn't we know about you? Ammi never talked about you." He said shaking his head and she smiled.

"Then she succeeded in keeping her promise." She said looking at Aunt who rolled her eyes. They are confusing me.

"Well, something happened in her life when her second daughter was a year old or should I say when I got two trouble makers to look after. She left without asking my help leaving a letter behind asking me to make a promise to never talk about her with my kids. So, I did what my long lost friend asked me to." Aunt said looking at us and I was listening to her silently. But where did she go?

"Then how did you guys meet?" Abaan Bhai asked and she smiled.

"We met a week before Azalia and Aazil's Nikah in a wedding function, dear." Mom said smiling at him and he nodded his head.

"And I was the one who gave Azalia's proposal for Aazil. And even it wad me who said I want to keep it simple and as soon as possible. I wanted my daughter to be in safe hands before her father give her into someone else's hands." I was shocked hearing Mom. So, marriage of Appi was planned by our mothers.

"I see. That's why Ammi was so keen to bring her daughter-in-law as soon as possible." We all chuckled hearing Aazil Bhai while Appi just glared at him.

"Our marriage was not planned, right?" I looked at Azlaan hearing him to find him looking at Mom who chuckled hearing him.

"No, dear. Don't forget that it was your decision to marry her." She said smiling at him and he nodded his head.

"I hope you don't regret that." Mom said smiling at him and he chuckled.

"Of course not, Aunt." He said smiling at her while I smiled.

"Even if he regrets I'm not from someone who will let him leave me." I said smirking at him and he looked at me with narrowed brows.

"Wow, Bhabhi. That was a blast." We all chuckled hearing Humi while I looked at him who shook his head. 

"His ears are turning red." Abaan said laughing while he glared at him making us all laugh.

"He is the master of teasing and now when he is being teased, his ears are turning red." Humi said smirking at him and he rolled his eyes.

"I better leave from here." He said and was about to go when I held his arm stopping.

"Don't. We won't say anything." I said shaking my head while still smiling and he raised his brows at me.

"And you want me to believe that?" He said while we all chuckled.

"Come on, little boy. Its okay." Aazil Bhai said wrapping his arm around his shoulders while he looked at him with grumpy face. I'm seeing another side of Azlaan today.