21 🦋 SMOKE

What the actual hell!

You know I wanted a reaction, a damn kiss from him.

But not from him, not Alex.

Ezra...

I told him to keep the PDA on a low smoldering fire, but I never thought he'd be offended for me asking. I was just terrified that being us out in the open, in front of everyone, would change everything... I felt scared it would make me feel cornered, and I know what happens when I do. I run, and I don't want to run from him. Instead I want to run to him.

Especially now.

I really thought he would understand and yeah, I didn't explain it enough. But, it's not like he gave me a chance, because he went into full ignore Sophia mode. Until he proposed that shot-kiss. Until my phone buzzing in my purse annoyed me, and until Ezra suddenly went back to being an ass.

I was angry, furious even, when he suggested I have no talent. Not because he said it, but because he said it while I cried in front of him about feeling like a worthless dancer a few weeks ago... He threw it right back at me, so I was sure to throw his Alex statement right back at his. It wouldn't bother him, my ass. 

I know I don't like Alex like that, I have been dancing with him for the last few practices and I don't feel a single thing, not even a lost butterfly dancing along.

Nothing... 

But now that Alex's lips are on mine I do feel something.

Which is sick to my stomach. 

This isn't right!

I'm surprised this caught me off guard as much as it did, I even froze, my head still wrapped around the fact I got the part in the showcase and now this!

I'm dizzy.

My hands finally find his chest, and I push him away. "Alex what the hell! I mutter at him as I watch him throw me a confused look.

"Shit!" He cusses under his breath while he shakes, instantly backing away. "I got overly excited and..."

"And Ezra was right. You only offered to partner with me, to get inside my pants, didn't you?" I squeeze my eyes at him in anger, wiping my mouth too with the back of my hand. It all happened so fast the world around me is looking like a whirlwind.

"What? No!" Alex defends himself, shaking his hand while he's getting visibly nervous. "No you're a really good dancer. I could only hope for the things you're insinuating, but that wasn't my intention." He holds his hands up and I do believe him. "I'm sorry, I really read too much into the dancing and the flirting..." 

"I wasn't flirting with you!" I bark. "Alex, you shouldn't have kissed me! I don't like you like that."

"Why don't you tell Ezra that." Levi huffs and my gaze shoots to him. Ezra. I'm looking at Ezra and my heart drops, because his piercing blue eyes are nowhere to be seen. "He just stormed off." Levi adds with a scowl on his face. "Thank you, Alex."