31 🦋 INTIMATE

I was surprised, but even more so angry and infuriated with this blue eyed epitome of a heartbreaker

I was surprised, but even more so angry and infuriated with this blue eyed epitome of a heartbreaker. Because everything I said was true.

I did walk by the rink every day, sometimes twice.

I did look at my phone so many times it became distracting.

I did almost sabotage my own car only to use it as an excuse to drive it into the mechanic shop.

I stalked his Instagram hoping to see a story of him partying too hard with girls practically all over him, maybe even that Kinsley girl. Just as a sign for me to move on and stop thinking about his annoying ass. But nothing. Just radio silence for nineteen fucking days.

A whole lot can change in nineteen days. Lives, beliefs, old habits can even return, but feelings? Unfortunately they don't go away that soon. At least not the ones that I keep locked inside my chest, reserved solely for him.

And that makes me pathetic...

Helpless.

Broken.

That's exactly how I felt when I saw him, the look on his face remorseful and caring.

He CARED in all caps.

But my heart needs more than care. My heart needs to be able to trust him again. Trust him with it.

Completely and blindly.

🦋🦋

With urgency I jump into my car. With trembling hands I turn on the ignition. With weak knees I hit the gas. With tears blurring my eyes I back out of my spot and drive off the apartment's parking lot. Bright lights burn the evening sky until they light up a tall frame jumping in front of car, hands lifted, gaze terrified. It's that damn blue one agian.

Oh shit!

I hit the breaks so hard the tires skid over the concrete until the hood of my car collides with his hands and time seems to stop.

It's like those perfectly scripted movie scenes where everything moves in slowmotion. Where the car stops just in time and there's nothing but a ringing sound that fills the chaos. Where the love intrest rushes with desperation to the side of the car. Where he opens the door and your jaw falls because it's exactly what you wanted him to do. Where he quickly jumps into the passenger seat, hopeless and out of breath. Only this isn't scripted. It's real. And so goddamn unexpected.

Time starts to move again as soon as his gaze wraps around mine.

"Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!" I yell at him when I see him being completely out of breath. From running over here like a crazy person, or, and,  from jumping in front of a moving vehicle. That's what a near death experience does to a person! "I could have..." I'm not even going to finish that sentence. "Are you crazy!"

"I knew you'd stop." He is panting, gasping for air while his eyes scan my face and I try to at least relax. Because having him this close requires for self control, anger management, and an extreme amount of willpower to not stare at his lips and feel an urge to kiss him. Hard. "At least I hoped so." He takes a deep breath, filling himself with air and bravado.