chapter 14

The dinner before the ball.
Killian:

I was sitting in my usual chair with Liara by my side. Every main member of the Diliculum was already sitting in their respective seats, the only seat that was empty was Vics. I could smell her scent getting stronger, so could everyone else as the talking quieted and everyone looked at the door. Everyone except me, I knew she was going to be extremely nervous already, I didn't want to add to her nerves by staring.

The door finally opened and I could see everyones eyes looking her up and down like she was some kind of meal. I internally rolled my eyes. I watched Alex's expression, he raised his brows and gave her a slight nod.

She finally walked past me in a silky red dress that sent many emotions flowing throughout me. Why'd she have to look so good. I kept my eyes on her as she took a seat. I could tell she was nervous but she was trying hard to hide it.

'Y'know, if we were alone right now I'd have you shoved against the wall' I told her, watching her blush and look at me with her head down. I smirked and gave her a quick wink.

'That's a shame, I would've liked that.' She thought.

I smirked but turned to look at my father as he cleared his throat. "Everyone, this is Victoria. Victoria, these are all the big names of the Diluculum and you should treat them all with respect; Desmond, Alex, Jaxon, Rami, James, Blaine, Leon and Ezra."

"It's nice to meet all of you." She smiled, observing each and every one of them.

I could hear all of the guys' thoughts about her and almost all of them were the same. I wanted to kill each and every one of them for thinking a dirty thought about her. She looked amazing in that dress but I would've rather her worn something less revealing, now I have to deal with their vile thoughts.

"And you too." Ezra smirked, leaning over to shake her hand.

I narrowed my eyes watching his hand carefully. Vic eyed his hand then reluctantly shook it, remembering what I said about her needing to be on her good behaviour.

"I've been looking forward to this ever since I received the invitation." James said. "You are a miracle."

"Some miracle huh." She said, raising a brow.

"Yes, our kind have been waiting decades for someone like you." Blaine smiled.

"You really are something." Liara grinned, resting her face in her hand. "It's too bad such a pretty face has to go to waste. You have so much wasted potential."

I resisted the urge to get up and leave. I hate Liara with every bone in my body. She has no right speaking to Vic like that. But she doesn't know how I feel about her, as of 5 days ago I felt the exact same way as everyone else in this room. But, now that I've fallen in love with her I can't even imagine thinking about her like that.

Did I really just admit I love her? Yes, I guess I've known it for quite some time but I've finally admitted it to myself. I want to spend all my time with her and get to know her even better, she's able to understand me and she makes it so easy to open up to her without feeling judged or ashamed.

"My daughter can't wait to meet you." Desmond grinned.

"Why do you guys make me seem like some kind of celebrity?" She asked, furrowing her brows.