Chapter 7 - Blossoming Friendships

˗ˏˋChoosing The Villainess As My Mother ࿐ྂ

»»🦋»»
Fern (Point Of View)

Once more, I found myself all by myself in this huge house. Lady Cynthia headed out to the villa, leaving me behind, but that's okay because I've got a task here.

My job is to win over Mr. Bosworth and everyone else in this big place. Winning them over is crucial, and I've got a plan for why it's important.

However, I have to be careful and think through everything before I do anything. Taking action without considering all the possibilities might cause problems for me.

Firstly, I gotta befriend a maid in this big house before making my move on Mr. Bosworth. I need someone loyal and trustworthy, like a sidekick.

A maid who can be like my right-hand person - someone faithful and loyal.

As I was figuring out my next steps, I spotted a maid with light brown hair heading my way.

She handed me sweet cookies and orange juice, saying, "Hey there, little miss, want some cookies? These are made by the head chef." I just looked at her, not saying anything.

(Talking about my target...)

"Excuse me, what's your name, lovely lady?" I asked, flashing a friendly smile. I believe it's crucial to appear innocent and adorable while approaching her.

"Oh, *smile* I'm Madeline, little miss," she says, and I keep on smiling at her.

"Your name is so pretty! I really like it, Madeline. Can I call you Maddie?" I ask, smiling even more, and she seems surprised.

"Little miss, just so you know, only people who are close can use nicknames or give them one," Madeline says, and I keep smiling in response.

"Yeah, that's why I wanna call you Maddie. I wanna be close, be friends with pretty Maddie," I say, grinning. Maddie then gives me a big, bright smile and goes in for a tight hug.

(But wait... she has big melons! I can't breathe!)

"Oh, I'm so sorry, my little miss. You're just so adorable, I couldn't help it," Maddie apologizes, still hugging me tightly.

"Oh, you caught me off guard with that confession," Maddie says, hugging me tightly.

(Help, I'm gonna die for the second time again.)

"I-I can't breathe... help," I gasp, and Maddie lets go, looking apologetic.

"Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to do that, it's just..." Maddie explains, and I just smile at her.

"It's fine, I know you didn't mean it. I just wanna be friends with Maddie," I say, smiling, and she smiles back.

(From the look in her eyes, it seems like I don't have any troubles with her.)

(But I'll have to be careful. She could be a two-faced person, like me.)

"Oh, miss, you're really kind. Other noble ladies I've met weren't as nice and cute as you. They were such brats, giving me headaches and troubles," Maddie says, and I smile.

(Okay, never mind. Maids usually don't share personal experiences like this.)

"But will Maddie be my first friend even though I'm just a commoner?" I ask, looking a bit sad in front of her.

"Little miss, even if the Lady won't adopt you, I'd be your first and forever friend! And yes, this maid will be your first-ever friend!" Maddie declares, and I smiled.

"Oh, miss. You're so adorable; I just want to pinch your cheek," Maddie says.

(My goodness...)

"You can pinch my cheek; I give you permission," I say, smiling, surprising Maddie.

"I-I can? You'll let me do that, little miss???" Maddie says, and I nod my head.

She softly strokes both sides of my cheek before giving it a gentle pinch. It wasn't too hard, but she keeps pulling and stretching my cheek, treating it like it's some elastic band.

"My goodness, little miss," Maddie exclaims.

"I've never seen a child with chubby cheeks like yours. Look at the fats on your cheek, it's so squishy! You... you look even cuter with a cheek like this. Oh my goodness!" Maddie gushes.

(Did I charm her so much that she's in love with my cheek?)

(I'm feeling quite fortunate right now.)

"Maddie, can you guide me to the garden? I want to craft flower crowns for everyone," I say, smiling, catching her attention.

"The little miss wants to make flower crowns for everyone in this villa?" Maddie asks, and I nod. She smiles so beautifully at me.

(Even maids in this world are also beautiful.)

"Yeah, I want to make flower crowns for everyone. Will you help me, Maddie? Please?" I ask, smiling. She responds with an even bigger smile.

"Why, of course, little miss! This maid will help you make lots of flower crowns!" Maddie says, and I smile, getting up from my chair.

(Excellent, this is a crucial step in winning everyone over.)

(But there's still much work ahead, especially winning over Mr. Bosworth.)

(Pleasing him is tricky since I don't know his dislikes, and it would be a problem if he ends up disliking me.)

"Let's go, Maddie. I'm ready to head outside and create lovely flower crowns for you, Lady Cynthia, Mr. Bosworth, and everyone," I say, smiling.

"Oh, before we go, little miss, maybe you should change into a dress more suitable for outside. How about we pick a different dress from the wardrobe?" Maddie suggests, opening the wardrobe.

"Oh, I only have three dresses: one for bedtime, a tea dress, and the one I'm wearing now," I mention, and Maddie looks at me with a sympathetic expression.

"But I can just wear this outside, right, Maddie?" I ask, smiling, and she nods.

"No worries, my little miss. I'm sure you'll have plenty of dresses soon," Maddie assures me, closing the wardrobe's door.

"Oh, I don't need dresses! I have to make flower crowns right now. Come on, let's go outside," I say with a smile, grabbing Maddie's hand and pulling her out of the room.

....