Chapter 62 - Tea, Dresses and Lessons

˗ˏˋChoosing The Villainess As My Mother ࿐ྂ

»»🦋»»
Althea Melody's (POV)

The sound of birds chirping outside disturbed my sleep, and I groaned, pulling the pillow over my head in an attempt to block out the noise. But those persistent birds and the loud rain refused to let me sleep!

(What the hell are these birds be chirping about so early in the morning!?!)

I then finally sit up straight on my bed as I frowned looking outside of the balcony.

"Ah..." I muttered when I saw someone standing there.

"Good morning, rabbit," the blue-haired guy greeted me, and I blinked in surprise.

"Uh, good morning," I replied with a sleepy yawn.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, rubbing my eyes and staring at him, and he just smiled.

"My name is Lucas," he introduced himself, and I watched him cautiously.

"I didn't ask," I replied bluntly, but he just smiled in response.

"So... are you just going to stand there silently?" I questioned, ready to approach him, but he held up a hand to stop me.

"Stay right there for now. I'll come back later," he said before vanishing into thin air. The door to my room swung open, revealing Maddie and the Head maid.

"Oh, you're up so early, my little miss!" Maddie exclaimed happily, and I grinned at her.

"Excited to meet your new teacher, miss? I'm excited too!" Maddie continued, and I ran over to her, embracing her in a hug.

"Did mother come home?" I asked eagerly, and Maddie nodded with a smile.

"Yes, her grace returned last night," the head maid confirmed, and I smiled.

(My beloved lady is home!)

"Where's my mother today?" I asked eagerly, and both of them grinned.

"Her grace is in the dining area. It might be best if you take a bath first before heading there," the head maid suggested, and I nodded.

"And, my miss, the reason why her grace came back home so late last night was because..." Maddie trailed off, opening my wardrobe to reveal hundreds of dresses.

(Oh no...)

(My mother sure has questionable taste in clothes, but I should appreciate them nonetheless. They're a gift from my beloved lady!)

"Are these beautiful dresses really mine?" I exclaimed, eyes widening in surprise.

"Of course, my miss. We couldn't wear them anyway since they're too small for us, so they're all for you," the head maid confirmed.

(Did I hear some sarcasm there? Or am I imagining things?)

(Oh well, I love them!)

"I love all of them!" I exclaimed with a radiant smile.

(Well, they're...interesting, to say the least.)

"What would my miss like to wear first?" Maddie asked, waiting for my decision.

(Hmm... Maybe I'll start with something simple. How about that light green dress?)

(Oh gosh... I really dislike the color green, but I adore nature's green hues. Quite the dilemma, isn't it?)

"I'd like to wear the light green dress, please," I said with a smile.

(Let's wear this one, so I won't have to wear it again tomorrow...)

(I wish I could just get rid of it, but I can't!)

(This is a gift from my beloved lady! I should appreciate it!)

(Appreciate it, self! Appreciate it!)

🦋 - - ✄ - - - - 🦋🦋

After breakfast, Mother Cynthia asked me to go to the library to meet my new teacher. I felt a bit nervous about it.

When I arrived at the library, the head maid guided me to a corner where there was a green board, a desk, and a chair. But there was no sign of the new teacher.

"Wait here, my miss," the head maid said. I sat down as instructed, wondering when the teacher would show up. Then, I heard a woman's voice behind me.

"Oh, you're here already?" she said. I turned to see a brunette woman wearing maroon clothes and a large hat with stars. It seemed to be her personal style or maybe even her signature.

"Ah, good day," I greeted awkwardly, unsure of how to behave. Sometimes I speak formally, sometimes informally, so I'm never quite sure.

"Good day to you too," she replied with a smile.

(Oh, she looks really nice when she smiles.)

"For today, I'll be your teacher. What's your name, little lady?" she asked, prompting me to introduce myself.

"My name is Althea, my lady" I replied, standing up to greet her. She smiled and nodded.

"You don't have to address me like that. I'm not of noble birth," she said kindly, and I smiled and nodded in return.

"Oh, it doesn't really matter if you're not from a noble birth," I replied, but she just stared at me.

"Not everyone thinks that way, my dear," she smiled. "Especially those 'other' nobles who think highly of themselves."

(Interesting...)

"What will our lesson be today?" I asked eagerly.

(I'm excited!)

(I've always been good at studying! I got straight A's in elementary and high school.)

"Let's start with numbers," she said, and my smile faded.

"Brain damage," I muttered, and she looked at me.

"What did you say?" she asked, and I shook my head.

"Sorry, I was just talking to myself," I replied, maintaining my smile.

"Alright, let's begin our lesson," she said, and I nodded.

.
.
.
.🦋