Chapter 33 - The Treants Test

˗ˏˋChoosing The Villainess As My Mother ࿐ྂ

»»🦋»»

Althea Melody (POV)

(I can't escape from this monster right now.)

(This kind of monster was never in my sister's novel! )

(So, I don't know how to deal with this scary monster in front of me!)

(If it's a tough goblin or an orc, then maybe I can handle them since I've read comics and fantasy webtoon before.)

(But this one!? I don't even know what type of monster this is! All I know is that since it eats souls, I'll call it a soul eater!)

"You're still not drinking your chocolate drink, does it not suit your taste?" the monster says.

(Well, good thing I slapped my face??)

(I slapped my face on purpose because I wanted to stay awake for a while. But I didn't expect anything like this at all!)

(What the hell am I gonna do now?! The only thing I brought with me is money and some thick clothes against the harsh snow.)

(And some potion to exchange for the snow elves.)

(I don't have any explosion potion or something like that! So I don't know!)

(I should probably start by thinking about the possibilities of meeting monsters!)

(I'm the only reincarnated person who's so stupid.)

"Sorry, I'm not really thinking straight right now. I miss my family a lot."

(Alright, that's good. Stay calm.)

(Dismiss the idea of the monster.)

(Pretend that everything is normal.)

While I was staring at the marble in front of me, suddenly the monster in front of me, its tentacles began to stretch out and inch closer to me.

(Oh my god, the mouth of its disgusting tentacles is wide open! Is it going to eat me!?)

(No! I can't allow that thing to take my soul away!)

"..."

I then reached into my bag with my right hand and grabbed one of the potions inside, though I had no idea what type of potion it was.

(It's now or never!)

(I don't care anymore! This monster's tentacles are opening its mouth! I don't want to be eaten!)

"By the way, are you telling me the truth?" I said, finally summoning the courage to look directly into the monster's eyes.

"Truth about what?" The monster replied.

"About the dragon, the protector of the land and sky?" I said, maintaining my stare.

"It is true that the dragon is nowhere to be found inside the cave at the top of Silver Peak Mountain, but I heard from one of the elders that the master must have gone back to its homeland," the monster explained as I nodded my head and calmed myself.

"And the homeland is inside the Black Lagoon Forest, right?" I asked, and the monster nodded in response.

"Can you tell me why you can't step inside the Black Lagoon Forest and give the snow fruit to the dragon by yourself?" I asked further.

"People like me can't dare to take a few steps forward into the Black Lagoon Forest; it is heavily guarded by the Treants," the monster explained.

"Treants? What are Treants?" I questioned.