Chapter 49 - Althea and Auriane's Encounter

˗ˏˋChoosing The Villainess As My Mother ࿐ྂ

»»🦋»»

Althea Melody (POV)

(Oh gods, why is she approaching me?)

(Gotta leave.)

I thought, but the female lead stopped me abruptly.

"Hey, wait a second," she said, and I reluctantly turned around to face her.

"Um, yes? May I help you?" I asked, trying to stay calm as she grinned at me.

(Ugh, can she just stop?)

"Oh, you're cute and pretty, I've never seen anyone like you," she said, and I raised an eyebrow.

"I might say the same, but my mom told me not to lie," I replied with a fake smile.

"Oh, wow... you're quite the charmer, but you've got some sass too, I love it," she said, and I maintained my smile as I looked at her.

"But you kind of hurt my feelings, ouch," she added, and I just smiled back at her.

(I don't really dislike the female lead; I even rooted for her when I read the novel.)

(But...)

"Well, you can cry a river for me, then build a bridge and get over it," I said with a genuine smile, and she looked surprised.

"I-Why are you giving me this attitude, little lady? I only complimented how you look adorable, did I do something wrong?" she asked, and I shook my head.

"No, not really," I replied, still smiling.

"Then, do you have any suggestions that I can make you happy? Maybe you want me to buy you a candy?" she offered, and I smiled back.

"If you insist on making me happy, just let me be alone, and I'll be VERY happy," I said with a smile, and she just looked at me.

"Okay, be honest with me, you know, a heart-to-heart conversation, little girl," she said, putting her hands on her hips while eyeing me, while I maintained a smile.

"How about we skip that part? Don't want to burst your bubble," I shot back with a smirk.

"You-" she began, but I yawned before she could finish.

"Oops, my bad. Go on with what you were saying. I always yawn when I'm NOT interested," I said with a smile.

"Have I ever treated you badly, little girl?" she asked, and I shot her a look.

"Oh my, I don't know, have you?" I replied, dripping with sarcasm.

"You're being disrespectful," she accused, and I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, didn't realize I was being disrespectful," I retorted, my tone laced with sass.

"It's okay, I understand. I think you're just not in the mood right now," she said with a forced smile, and I smirked back.

"Yeah, I'm not really feeling the whole bubbly greeting thing," I admitted with a grin, and she nodded understandingly.

"Allow me to introduce myself, I am Aur—" she began, but I cut her off.

"Yeah, got it. You're Auriane De Verley, Marquess Aldro's precious daughter, adored by all and used to getting what you want," I said, grinning.

"Exactly! *smile* But you can just call me Yuri," she said with a smile, and I returned the gesture.

"Althea," I said with a smile.

"Althea? How come I've never heard that name before? I'm pretty sure I didn't write a character named 'Althea,'" she said, and I arched an eyebrow.