Chapter 5

[Y/N POV]

Did that happen again? That thing with my eye?

It's an involuntary action, no protective mechanism? I don't have an exact answer for it. It just happens only in two cases, Danger and Past Memories.

Captain is sitting firmly on his chair with a perplexed expression, sensing from Haki, even he has some questions about this probably.

" Do you need help, Captain? I swear I don't know anything about this."
" I figured the not knowing part already, Dark King told me about this as well." he calmly replied

This also happened at Ray-San's place as well after I told him a little bit about my runaway life. He had the exact same reaction as Captain right now.

Captain advises me to go back to sleep and walks with me back to my room. He reminds me about the next session and the medical checkup. Honestly, during the session I sensed a form of regret and concern towards me and I felt that back in Amazon Lily too. 

--------------(Time Skip to next day)----------------

I got up quite late today by the time the crew was done with the breakfast. Bepo kept my share seperately in the kitchen so I ate it after my shower. The submarine is a bit shaky due to some changes in the wind direction making me bump with the walls on the way to the Medical Bay.

I will get used to the shakyness of underwater travel someday. The door was already open and I enter inside. Captain still has that resting face. He's in a lab coat and spiky hair. Spiky hair? He's not wearing that fur hat! My heart starts to beat a bit faster. What's going on with me? Control yourself girl, He's your captain. Just the Crew Captain.

" I don't have all day, Y/N-ya." he said with a serious tone

I pat hard on my cheeks and plonk on the bed.

" Honestly, I don't expect you to be aware on your medical history for obvious reasons..so I will be taking your blood sample now."

He brings a syringe and draws out some blood from my right arm. My pain tolerance has gone up over the years so syringes feel like a tickle at this point. He santizes the place he drew the blood from and tells me to lie down on the bed. I remove the jacket and lie down.

" Room "

He starts to unsheathe his longsword. I gulp in nervousness.

" It won't hurt. Scan."

He waves the longsword over my body from up to down. The blade is just an inch above me. I hold my breathing. His stoic face doesn't look as intimidating as what people or the papers say. It's rather charismatic. Girl...You need to stop with these thoughts right now.

The checkup continues for a while with him checking my height, weight, flexibility and other important details. At the end, he passes me a bunch of sheets with the data of all crew members.

" I have to note down and review on your medical records so our session will be after dinner. Your task is to memorise the blood type and allergies of all crew members today."

" But why?"
" Crew Protocol. All members have to do this and also you will be having first aid training with Penguin tomorrow."
" Now will there be an exam also?"

He shrugs in response, " Depends on how my Cartographer does their work well."

I sigh and take the papers to the mapping room where I work along with Bepo. I try to focus on memorising the data on those sheets but my mind goes towards Captain. Like why he wanted to help me when I "crash landed" on the submarine or that one time in Amazon Lily when I had a Panic attack or even last night.