Great Meatballs of Fire

Andrea's POV

I had finally managed to get out of bed as I didn't want to laze around all day. Also because I have work soon. I walked out to see Jenni still on the phone with Roger.

"Are you gonna continue being with me?" Jenni asked him.

"Cool. So I can see you tonight, right?" I heard Jenni say. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

Just like that, everything is okay?

"You can make fun of my foot. This'll be good." She said.

The phone call ended with Jenni smiling.

"I'm assuming everything is okay between you two?" I said.

"Yeah, I'm hoping I'll get to see him tonight." Jenni replied before going into the kitchen.

I'm really confused because Jenni usually doesn't take shit from anyone. I don't know how she can stay with someone who did that to her.

I went back into my room and changed before brushing my hair and putting into a ponytail.

As we left for work, Mike was telling us about how Paula started acting different after they made it official.

We arrived at the store and greeted Danny and the other employees.

"Danny, I heard you have a present for me." Deena told him.

"So I got you a little something different for today's uniform for you to wear." Danny said before going to get the 'present.'

I bursted out laughing as Danny came back with an orange jumpsuit — like people in prison wear.

"Really?" Deena said, chuckling a little.

Deena took it out of the pack to try it on.

"This is too big on me, did you get the men's one?" She asked him.

I continued laughing as she put the jumpsuit on.

"Does this even look fashionable?" Deena asked.

"Not at all." I replied with a smile on my face.

Mike began talking about Paula again and how she needs to be 'spruced up.'

Ironically, Paula walked into the store a few minutes later.

"What the fuck?" Mike asked with a shocked expression on his face.

"Oh, hey." Mike said in a fake sweet tone.

"Hi!" Paula replied before handing him an iced coffee.

So Mike talked to her for a few moments before she left.

"He's gonna jump ship." Ron commented. He and Deena made a bet of when Mike and Paula are going to break up.

As always, I was working hard and making a lot of sales.

Then it came back.

That nauseous feeling in my stomach.

"Are you alright, Andrea?" Danny asked.

"Uh, yeah, I'm fine," I replied. But he didn't look convinced. "I'm just not feeling too well." I added.

"I could let you leave early, but you'll need someone to cover the rest of your shift." Danny stated.

"Oh, that's fine. I'll stay here, it's only a few hours left." I said. He looked unsure but he just let it go.

*******

"Andi!" Deena exclaimed, running over to me. She threw her arms around me for a hug.

"Hey, meatball." I said, hugging her back. I could tell she was drunk by the strong smell of alcohol on her breath. Her and Ron had just came back from the boardwalk.