Chapter Twelve

An hour and a half later, dinner was ready, but it was still keeping warm in the oven while we waited for Talon and Cody. Deanna had turned up and was sitting in front of the turned-off television with Maya, playing with her Monster High dolls. Mattie was at the table reading the paper while Julian sat beside him reading something on his iPad. I was checking the kitchen floor for any uneven ground as I walked back and forth over it.

That was when we all heard yelling out the front. I looked at the guys at the table as they looked at me. We bolted for the lounge.

"Maya, baby, come to your room and show me all your Lalaloopsy dolls," Mattie said.

"Sure, Uncle Mattie." Maya, none the wiser—at least I hoped not—ran off to her room with Mattie following.

Deanna, Julian, and I were just about to peek out the front curtain when we heard, "I should at least get the chance to meet your new whore before she plays house with my son."

"Bianca, just fuckin' leave. Hell, it's none of your business who I'm doin'."

Well, really. He hasn't even done me yet.

"Holy shit," Deanna said, grinning. I hadn't had a chance to speak to her...okay, I had a chance, but she ignored saidchances to talk in private.

There was a knock at the front door. "Open up, bitch!"

"Mum," I heard Cody hiss in a whisper.

Oh. My. God. She was acting like this in front of her son. That was just...disgraceful.

I opened the door to witness Talon grab his ex by the arm and pull her roughly away from the door.

"Honey," I said with a buttery-sweet tone and a smile on my face. "Don't go doing that, I would love to meet...Bianca, wasn't it?"

Bianca looked at me from head to toe with a sneer on her face. She was beautiful. I could understand why Talon had married her. She had long blonde hair, light blue eyes, and a slim body that was wrapped up in designer gear.

I was sure I looked a treat, too. "Sorry, if I'd known I was receiving company, I would have spruced up a little. I've been cleaning all day."

"You clean your own house."

It wasn't a question, it was more of a disgusted statement.

Deanna stepped forward from behind the door. "No, woman, fairies fly outta her ass and they do it for her."

Cody laughed, but he quickly hid it behind a cough when his mum glared at him.

"Hey, Cody." I waved. He smiled. "Why don'cha come on in. Julian will take you to meet Maya."

"Bye, Mum," he whispered as he walked past her into the house, only to stop just inside when his mum spoke.

"Now hang on a second, bitch!" She turned to Talon. "I don't want him stayin' here with one of your pieces of pussy."

"My time with my boy, I do what I want. And if spending that time is with my woman, it's fuckin' what we'll do."

With hands on my hips, I said, "Talon, honey. Check your language in front of the kids."

Talon looked at me with a smile on his face. "Right, kitten."

Bianca gasped.

"Come on, little Thor. Let's leave these cats to hiss it out," Julian said, and with a gentle hand on Cody's shoulder, he ushered him forward and down the hall.

"You are fucking shitting me!" Bianca screeched.

I stepped out the door with Deanna behind me and closed it. I'd had enough. I turned to Bianca with a glare.