Chapter Five

Holding Out Copyright © 2015 by Lila Rose

Chapter Five

A few seconds later, the front door opened and the young cookie-liking biker walked in, closely followed by Blue. I was shocked to see Blue restraining a reluctant dark and handsome stranger.

"Blue?" I asked. Talon pulled me closer, both his arms wrapped around my waist.

Deanna stood up from the couch. "What's going on now? I don't mind the entertainment, but it's startin' to get a bit much." She turned her concerned eyes to me. I shook my head. This was as surprising to me as it was to her.

"Who the fuck are you and why are you hounding around this house?" Talon asked the shocked-looking guy.

Said guy gasped. "Holy Mother Mary, I've hit the payload. No fucking wonder he deserted me to come here. The bastard. Where is he? I'm going to cut off his penis."

Blue shoved the guy hard, and he stumbled forward. It was obvious to everyone he wasn't a danger. Besides, if he did—which I doubted—try anything, the house was already full of mean-looking people who'd take him down. But it was also a sense that he wouldn't have the heart to hurt anyone.

He straightened, fixed his clothes on his lean body, turned to Blue, and glared. "Well, really. I like a bit of roughness, but only in bed, honey."

Blue snapped, "Fuck off."

I giggled. I couldn't help it. Blue turned a fierce glare on me, but my giggle also brought the attention of our guest.

"Well, spank me. You must be Zara." He smiled.

My eyes widened. Talon stepped in front of me and said, "You do not speak to her or look at her until you tell me who the fuck you are."

"Don't get you knickers in a bunch, love muffin." He looked over Talon's shoulder to me. "He is lickably-'licious, sweetheart."

"I think I love this guy," Deanna said.

He faced Deanna. "Thanks, doll, aren't you gorgeous too. I'm sure the feeling will be mutual."

"Fuck." Talon made a beeline for the guy, who started backing up quickly.

"Whoa, hold up, Hercules. I'm just making friends here."

"Tell me who the fuck you are or my fist—"

"Julian?" The room turned to see a startled Mattie.

Talon stopped his pursuit and stalked back to me. His arms wound around my middle again.

"Hell, I think I just soiled myself." Julian sighed.

"What are you doing here?" Mattie asked.

"Who is he?" Talon glared at Mattie.

"A...a friend."

"Seriously, dickface? You forgot the boy in front of that friend. Or is it because you've found your sister and a house full of Chippendales that I'm suddenly a memory?"

Mattie, with an outstretched hand, said, "No, no. It's nothing like that."

"Whatever." Julian harrumphed, crossed his arms over his chest, and ignored my brother's gaze.

"Oh, this is exciting." I smiled, wiggled my way out of Talon's hold, and walked over to Julian. "It's so nice to meet you." I hugged him. "Mattie only got here last night. I had a little breakdown, but I'm sure if that hadn't happened, he would have told me all about you."

"Well, aren't you just beautiful? Thank you, precious, and I'm so sorry for your loss. I understand Mattie wanting to find you and tell you himself, but to leave me behind? Nope." He shook his head. "That just doesn't jive with me." He leaned in and whispered, "I think he was worried how you'd take to him being gay." He stood straighter and smiled. "But you're handling it just fine and dandy. Now tell me, cupcake, how in God's name have you got a house full of orgasmic men?"