Chapter Seventeen

Violet parked the car that she'd stolen back where it had been, and thankfully, no one was out looking for it. Vi ended up coming in Griz's car with us so we could drop her at home along the way. She sat between Julian and Deanna, as I was up the front with Griz that time. I think he was afraid to take his eyes off me in case something else happened and he'd then have to explain to Talon how he'd lost me a second time. Not that it would happen; my bad luck was done for the night... at least I hoped so.

On the way to Vi's, she explained a few things about good-old-rough-loving Travis. They'd met in university, both sharing a love of maths. They dated for a year, had mind-blowing sex—her words, not mine—but then he chose to move to Melbourne. He'd asked Violet to go with him; she said she wasn't ready for that. She loved the area and her family too much to leave it behind. He decided to go still; they visited and wrote for a while longer, but their lives eventually changed. They both became busy with their careers and drifted apart. I could tell it was something she had always regretted.

Travis was now a top-notch businessman. Well, he'd have to be to have security men working for him—who tasered people. I doubted I would ever get over that fact.

Travis also had that huge-arse house and expensive suit, which explained that he had money. So what had he been doing with a fluff-head like Pam instead of tracking down Violet? Someone had better talk with him. Of course, that someone had to be me. I smiled to myself and gave a mental pat on my back.

After dropping Vi off, we pulled up to the compound. I hadn't been watching where we were heading—again—so I wasn't expecting to be there. I just assumed Talon had left me to have a good night with the girls and had gone home to the kids.

Wow, that sounded fantastic in my head. Gone home to the kids.

So I was a little confused as to why Talon would still be here at one in the morning. And how had Griz known he was here?

Pick was ahead and he opened the door to the motorcycle clubhouse, a place I had never been inside before. What I had expected, which was a run-down, dirty and smelly hole, was so different from what I saw. As we entered, there was a small hallway with a room on each side. The doors were closed, so I didn't get to see what was behind them. The hallway led us into... I supposed you could call it the main common room. It was large. Two massive tables and chairs were off to the left, and just behind them was a bar where three bikers sat whom I hadn't met. To the right of the room was a row of couches where they'd sit back, chill, and shoot the shit. Right in front of us, across the empty wooden floor, were another two long hallways and along them were many other doors.

"Right on. I need another drink," Deanna announced and dragged Julian along to the bar. Pick followed and greeted his other biker brothers with a handshake and then what you could call a man hug with a slap on the back.

"Yo, where's Talon?" Griz called.

The first one, an older man with grey hair and a long beard, scanned me from top to bottom with an approving look. Another biker looked down at the floor, and the last guy, who stood beside Pick, with long dark hair and wild dark eyes, gestured with his head to the long hallway across from us.

I was a little disappointed Talon wasn't out here to see me, but then I had to remember he didn't know what had occurred as of yet.

No sooner had I felt that disappointment than it twisted into rage. A door at the end of one of the hallways caught my attention when I heard it click open. Out walked Talon with a woman clinging to the front of him as they hugged. Her back was facing me, and I watched as she looked up to my man, then Talon's head came down. It looked as if he was kissing her.