Chapter Twenty-Two

Talon

"What the fuck is going on here?" Rocko yelled, and stood from his desk. I stormed into his office in the nightclub he owned around midmorning. Griz, Deanna, Violet, and three other brothers were following close behind. Blue had called, informing me that he and Warden were at the hospital with Mattie and Julian. They weren't allowed in Pick's room, under doctor's orders. But he reassured me, as soon as no one was watching, he'd be in there.

With a lift of my hand, the three brothers slipped outta the room and closed the door, keeping an eye open for trouble that could come our way.

"What do you know, arsehole?" Deanna snapped. She stood next to Vi, both holding their hands on their hips.

"Sorry, sweetheart; I don't know what you're talking about."

I pulled a gun from under my Hawks vest and pointed it at his head.

He stood with his hands up in front of him. I followed his movements.

"Where are my boys?" he asked.

Violet scoffed. "You need new brothers, Rocko. They're all a bunch of pussies and incapacitated."

"Talon, what's the meaning of this? You want war? Is that it?"

"Two of your men have taken my woman and kids to hand her over to her ex, who beat and raped her. You tell me, do you want fuckin' war?"

"I know nothing about this. They have obviously gone out on their own. Who are they?"

"The guys that were with you last night," Deanna said.

Rocko smiled.

"What the fuck are you smiling at?" I roared.

Waving his hands he said, "Sorry, shit. I know it ain't a smiling matter. But your woman..." He smiled again.

"What?" Griz growled.

"She warned me last night that I needed to find new friends. Goddamn, she was right, and after just one glance, she picked it. Fuck. I should've never let them in. I was taking a risk on them. Other brothers had warned me, but I didn't listen. We needed new recruits. The Monty's motorcycle club from Melbourne wants our territory. Crap, I was only with them last night to see how they ran, and I didn't like what I saw. I was gonna cut them."

"How'd they learn about my woman and her ex?"

"I was the one who told Rocko. Fuck," Griz swore. "I'd asked him to keep his ear to the ground, see if he heard anything new. Shit, I didn't think."

"Jesus Christ!" I yelled. "Jesus Christ." I turned and put a hole in the wall the size of my fist.

"I'm sorry, brother," Griz said.

"Fuck, man, but it ain't your fault. You weren't to know," I answered, leaning one hand up against the wall.

I couldn't lose her. Cody and Maya...

It would kill me to lose any of them, most of all the three of them together.

I'd wasted so much time stuffin' around and waiting, trying not to scare her off. But I knew she'd been watchin' me the whole time as well. I saw the looks she gave me, the secret smiles that drove me fuckin' nuts. The way she'd blush at my words, the way her breathing would become faster when I was around.

I should have moved in sooner.

I should have claimed her months ago.

I'd thought the dicks in the brotherhood were crazy when they'd let their old ladies run their lives. Blinded by stupid love. I swore I'd never let myself fall again...never.